North Coast 500

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
togorun

North Coast 500

Post by togorun »

Hi guys, well this is my first post but I hope it is of interest.  I am the person behind the creation of the North Coast 50 (NC500) which we launched in April last year.  It has been a phenomenal success, being acclaimed as the number 2 reason to travel by National Geographic Traveller, the number 5 coastal touring route in the world etc etc.  I just received an independent report yesterday that said that in the last year, our audience reach was 1 billion....that's right, billion.  The economic effect has been incredible and businesses are busier than they have ever been and many are now investing when they were thinking about leaving.  So, all in all, it has been an incredible success so far.  Both Bike and Ride magazines have covered it and I will be in discussion with them about working together for something special next year.  If you want to know more, have a look at our website www.northcoast500.com and of course you are welcome to make contact with me if you want any help or info or whatever.  The best advice....book up your accomodation early if you are planning to go!
Dollygray

Re: North Coast 500

Post by Dollygray »

My partner and I just did it a couple of weeks ago me on the RT and her on a trike - even at this time of year the weather was pleasant :-) Came across one or two who had not booked accommodation ahead of time and ended up with some pretty long treks to find the next place available. Great couple of days out although the East Coast roads left a bit to be desired!
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I did an almost identical route years ago,  nice to know its now been created
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

+1