Not even ridden it yet and I've taken it apart!

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
guest3075

Not even ridden it yet and I've taken it apart!

Post by guest3075 »

My replacement RT arrived on Tuesday and on Friday afternoon I took all the plastic off so I could install  Fuzeblock and  a few other electrical items.

Going to ACF 50 it tomorrow morning and then take it out for a first spin.
Attachments
IMG_2908.JPG
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Not even ridden it yet and I've taken it apart!

Post by Sullivj »

Nice work. How do you apply your ACF? Are you using a spray can, or the liquid?
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

That's a nice looking bike.

I don't have your patience. Mine has 16 miles on the clock (the roads looked very slippery) and I'm hoping to get that into three figures today (weather forecast says 3 - 7 degrees C).
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Post by exportman »

Had mine sorted yesterday by Steve from Warrington "All year Biker"

A good clean  then ACF  sprayed to death.    Worth the £70.00  just for the clean  it was filthy  4 weeks since I got it  and it was its second wash,  the first was at is 500 mile service.  be
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

Sullivj wrote: Nice work. How do you apply your ACF? Are you using a spray can, or the liquid?

Watched a few videos of how to apply, and the best one was the Missenden Flyer. Used a small pump action spray, did better when the spray was warmed.

Got 70 miles in today, very pleased with the bike, so much smoother than the 2014 and no clunk (yet) into 1st.

gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

ItsOnlyMe wrote: ..... Got 70 miles in today, very pleased with the bike, so much smoother than the 2014 and no clunk (yet) into 1st.
I managed 94 miles today and got home with the bike looking like it had been through a field (some salt on the roads, but LOTS of mud).
My bike is supposed to be a 2017 model (Euro 4, revised transmission etc). The gearbox is slick with clutch and good without clutch when the quickshifter is used, but when engaging first from neutral it is never quiet. I can live with it, but people looking for a clunk-free box would be disappointed .....
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Post by exportman »

gogs01 wrote: people looking for a clunk-free box would be disappointed .....

+1  Got mine 4 weeks ago  brand new had to wait for it.

First time you engage first with a cold engine it is silky smooth  but as soon as it is warm there is a clunk.  It is surprising how much drag there is with the clutch fully in.  Try moving it backwards on the flat in first with the engine running and you will see.

Moving the shifts with clutch are smooth  using the shifter it takes some getting used too.  40 years of riding this is the first  bike I have had such a device and previously going up the box I would rarely use the clutch,  so this is  new technique to master.  Just like the old British rail  Im getting there