Handlebar bag

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Re: Handlebar bag

Post by Peter Baker »

Like GuzziRick never had a problem seeing the instruments with the media bag attached, however I decided I wanted something that could take a few more bits and pieces and moved onto a Givi Tank lock system with the ST602.  http://www.givi.co.uk/soft-bags/Tank-Ba ... LOCK.  I can get wallet, phone, visor spray/rags in there and even better when I walk away from the bike I can also get the Navi in!  Looks like a bit of a "man bag" when carrying but well made and super-functional!  Peter
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

I had the Wunderlich handlebar bag for charging a battery pack and to carry a few small items when touring.  It was OK, but I was not really happy with the fit between the bars of the LC.  I changed it out for a SW Motech Daypack tank bag, very small and tidy and their quicklok tank rings are excellent quality.

Attachments
IMG_0849.JPG
garth514

Post by garth514 »

I'm currently looking for some storage for the usual small bits and bats needed when planning a trip out. I was originally thinking of the Wunderlich handlebar bag but for various reasons would rather use a small removable tank bag. I know the official BMW RT bag is supposed to be the best but I can't get past the stupidly high price tag requested for what is only strips of nylon so am looking for alternatives.

As S W Motec/Givi make a couple of small bags but do not list a Quick Lock tank ring for a 2010 model RT (Only from 2014 MY) ,does anyone know if the GIVI BM 6 bolt tank ring (TRT.00.640.120) will fit? I am assuming the standard plastic tank rack will have to be removed but can see no reason why this system won't work

Any suggestions gratefully received   
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat , you cling on tenaciously but you know that sooner or later you're going to get pissed off
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I've just ordered a SW Motech Daypack from these guys http://www.windingroads.co.uk  They were very knowledgeable when I phoned, they might be able to help.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

I ended up getting a Givi XS307 tank bag with quick release adapter. (not fitted it yet)

Also ordered a Wunderlich Media BMW handlebar bag that arrived yesterday
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
garth514

Post by garth514 »

Thanks for the tip Casbar

Winding roads came back to me last night (Saturday night - what commitment!) to say that as far as they know problems with the bag not locking correctly on 2010 models led to the demise of this system so it seems either I open the wallet wide for the OEM bag or look towards the Wunderlich media bag from Nippy's (or get the wife a bumbag/small rucksack..... Maybe that's a better option 
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat , you cling on tenaciously but you know that sooner or later you're going to get pissed off
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

We have been using a Kreiga waterproof bum bag for the last five years, great bit of kit.