RT Forum meet in Europe 2017

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
guest2360

Re: RT Forum meet in Europe 2017

Post by guest2360 »

stayingupright .  This might be of use to you if you end up in the dock.[size=4px]The translation from Jorge at RACE is:[/size]

"The Rules of the road says in Article 18 Section 2 of the following:

"It is forbidden to use headphones or connected to receivers or sound reproducing apparatus, except during the corresponding teaching headphones and conducting try outs open for obtaining driving license for two-wheel motorcycles circuit when required by the Regulations on Drivers.

Use is prohibited while driving mobile devices and any other means or communication system, except when developing communication takes place without using hands or wear helmets, headphones or similar instruments (Article 11.3, second paragraph of articulated) text.

Exempted from the ban's enforcement officers in the exercise of the functions that have entrusted (Article 11.3, third paragraph of text articles). "

Therefore it would be forbidden, but really there is a loophole, because the court of Zaragoza, in the judgement of June 22, 2010, ruled in favour of a motorist who had been fined for carrying and using intercoms, claiming that:

"It is a small headphones that are placed on the hull, not the ears, but against these. This seems to lead us to conclude that this is a headset, and therefore the prohibition is violated, but the fact is that the difference between a speaker and headset becomes not the shape or size, but the form of use, so that the headset is in contact with the inner part of the ear, blocking the ear, which is to prevent or greatly hinder the reception of other noises, covered by the handset and usually overcome by the sound coming out of it, besides producing or promoting a certain self-absorption of the driver.

Therefore, in this configuration, by not going glued to the ear, we are rather to a speaker that does not stick to the ear and in principle can have a limiting effect on the perception of external noise, which adds to the that if it produces the helmet, but it is actually similar to a speaker inside a car (car well soundproofed and powerful music apparatus hardly hear outside if it takes a certain amount that), the which is not prohibited.

In short, we may find ourselves alleged that the legislation would prohibit wanted but not exactly fit the ban, or at least raises serious doubts, and therefore, pending regulatory clarification possible, apply the principle of in dubio pro reo, which proceeds to estimate the resource and waive the penalty."

Clear as mud, but we can still use them?

Posted by Paul Devall at Wednesday, April 22, 2015 Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

Labels: Bluetooth, RACE, Real Automóvil Club de España, Spain
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

RTman10 wrote: Would you like to share where you read this please.  This could save people at least £2.99 for the stickers.

In the "Road safety" section

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/guides/motorbike-touring/france

I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

RTman10 wrote: stayingupright .  This might be of use to you if you end up in the dock.The translation from Jorge at RACE is:[/font][/size]

How could I possibly end up in the dock if I follow the accepted advice and don't use Bluetooth in Spain?
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Quite, but the translation seems to give you an option, maybe..
johnarthur

Post by johnarthur »

For those of you who were not at the show at the NEC last month Brittany Ferries, who had a stand there, are offering 10% off for motorcycle bookings anytime until Nov. 2017 provided they are booked before 31st December this year.

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/show- ... rer=610921

John Arthur