C3 Pro or System 6 Evo?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
paulh

C3 Pro or System 6 Evo?

Post by paulh »

My c3 pro helmet is a bit battered and scratched (4 years old) and it needs a new visor and pinlock.  I'm thinking perhaps it's time to treat myself to a new one.

The C3 pro has been pretty good to be honest and I'm tempted to buy another, but I recently tried on a System 6 Evo helmet from BMW and it was very nice (a bit more compact).  It's also a fair bit cheaper (£380 as BMW are doing a 20% discount).

Does anyone own a 'system 6' that can give me any real world feedback or suggest any other flip front worth considering?

Muchas Gracias [size=78%] [/size] :)

mitcher16

Re: C3 Pro or System 6 Evo?

Post by mitcher16 »

I haven't tried any of the flip-up helmets as of yet but the new C4 is coming out this spring. That may be worth checking out. It comes with integrated speakers and microphone so it is set-up to use their new communication system.

https://www.schuberth.com/en/products/m ... ts/c4.html

Cheers.
tony23

Post by tony23 »

New system 7 due soon http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/equi ... /main.html
may be worth a look.If nothing else it should make system 6`s a bit cheaper.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Paulh.  Been using BMW System helmet for a number of years and have the 6 Evo now.  It's light for a flip and readily takes headsets as there is lots of room for the speakers.  I find them very comfortable and the visor is waterproof.  Replacement bits like the visor are reasonably priced.
I think the System 7 is only in carbon and for whatever reason was delayed in production last time I asked.
Last edited by guest2360 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Never had an helmet where the visor isn't waterproof. Bit of a flaw if a helmet visor lets water in  8)
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

I had a C3 and the Bluetooth collar, the Bluetooth was not the best, and after several failed fixes from Schubertth, I bit the bullet and got an Evo.

It's never leaked, and the Bluetooth is faultless when paired to a BMW audio or another BMW Helmet for intercom.

I have a second system 6 and put a Cardo Packtalk and am very happy with them
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

I'm on my second system 6, the current one being the "evo" version.
I find them comfortable, even after some very long days in the saddle.
They appear to be quality items, at least as good as the Arais and Shoei I've had in the past. The Shoei was a flip-front and was a little lighter than the system 6, but felt nowhere near as substantial - the evo feels like it could take a decent hit without falling apart.
The BMW communicator is almost perfect for my use - range from bike to bike is less than I would prefer, but acceptable.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I generally change my helmet about every 2 years, by the time they need a visor and pinlock you may as well get the whole thing. I don't go for the more expensive ones though , as long as they have the appropriate safety approvals and do ok in that helmet approval website thing then that's ok with me.
paulh

Post by paulh »

Purchased the system 6 evo ... and it's been commandeered by the wife as a chrimbo pressy for me  :(

I'll have to wait a few days to try it out  :)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

gogs01 wrote: I'm on my second system 6, the current one being the "evo" version.
I find them comfortable, even after some very long days in the saddle.
They appear to be quality items, at least as good as the Arais and Shoei I've had in the past. The Shoei was a flip-front and was a little lighter than the system 6, but felt nowhere near as substantial - the evo feels like it could take a decent hit without falling apart.
The BMW communicator is almost perfect for my use - range from bike to bike is less than I would prefer, but acceptable.
What range do you get and what other set have you paired with? 
I've tried to pair with my mates g9 but never with any success
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

AFAIK BMW Communicator only communicates with another, and Both riders have to have BMW undepants on.

Paggers

Post by Paggers »

ItsOnlyMe wrote: AFAIK BMW Communicator only communicates with another, and Both riders have to have BMW undepants on.
Don't you mean matching BMW underpants?
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Paggers wrote: Don't you mean matching BMW underpants?

Manufactured in Germany by BMW and not rebadged  :whistle:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Manufactured in Germany by BMW and not rebadged  :whistle:

Mine say Made in Bangladesh.
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Maz12 wrote: What range do you get and what other set have you paired with?  I've tried to pair with my mates g9 but never with any success

I've only paired with other BMW communicators. Works fine with my wife's on pillion but, with my brother on his bike, quality deteriorates over 10 meters. It will work up to 100 meters if all the stars align .....
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE