Just bought an Iconic .... Lots of questions coming

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: Just bought an Iconic .... Lots of questions coming

Post by guest2360 »

Correct, they are all 2016 spec. Haven't even got the anti judder thing in the shaft. But they do have about £3Ks worth of red paint on them.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Correct, they are all 2016 spec. Haven't even got the anti judder thing in the shaft. But they do have about £3Ks worth of red paint on them.

And a cool seat  8)
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

stayingupright wrote:

I'll ask again .... What extra would you want?

From my point of view (as I own one) it's fairly fully equipped.

Gear Shift Assistant Pro
Hill Start control
Electronic windshield
Electronic Suspension Adjustment
Three riding modes
Central locking
Heated grips
Heated seat
Alarm
Cruise control system
Colour coded panniers and top Case
Stereo Bluetooth radio with mp3 player
ABS
Traction control
Headlight pro

+ Loads of other bits I've no doubt forgotten

The dealer I bought mine from had an allocation of 6 or seven of these and still had a couple left after I bought mine

Running lights, fender extender, keyless ride, engine protection bars, higher screen, price reduced due to old Euro 3 stock, also checked with insurance company to see what my insurance would be. Having had two no fault claims one totally wrighting off one bike and the other have substantial damage, started to think if Sh1t happen again would 8Ball do the paint work again rather than purchase standard parts directly from BMW.

Bike is a work horse for my day-to-day use in most weather condition covering 120 to 360 miles a day. Doesn't sit in the garage with a blanket over and an optimate connected during the winter.

But it comes down to choice and what the owner wants from a bike. Which we are all different and some are happy to accept what BMW provided on the iconic, be good to find out what extra items have been added by the iconic owners.
GJ-MOTO
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It's a bugger if you have little legs though as they only come in standard height. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

Casbar wrote:
And a cool seat  8)

Went with the high seat, gives that bit more padding and still allows my feet to be planted firmly.
GJ-MOTO
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

GJ-MOTO wrote:
Went with the high seat, gives that bit more padding and still allows my feet to be planted firmly.

Unfortunately most of us can't do anything about our height. So standard seat on low setting works for me :)