New member Navigator V

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Paggers

Re: New member Navigator V

Post by Paggers »

RTman10 wrote: Warning indicators ?
If I get a warning on the bike (low fuel, tyre pressure, ABS - basically anything that will trigger an alarm on the bike dash) I get the same warning come up on the Nav V along with a 'bong' via the audio. It's the audio warning that I find the most valuable - recently it drew my immediate attention to the tyre pressure alert as it came up. Yes I would have spotted it next time I did a 'routine' scan of the dash but who knows, that additional 10 seconds might have been the difference between the tyre starting to lose pressure and rapid deflation leading to a high speed off (I was on the motorway doing 70 at the time).
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Understood.  That will only apply to 2017 spec bikes as before that you don't get the my motorcycle option on the Nav irrespective of the Nav's age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Ah, now that you mention it I remember reading that. I'm so used to the additional functionality as it has been available on the GS since 2013.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Ok I'm confused, I've got a 2017 model RT with new Nav V, and don't seem to have the My Motorcycle function. Is it country-specific (I'm in UK) or have I missed something?

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Might seem a daft question but hsve you got two reflectors on the forks.  If you have go to Apps in your Nav and scroll through.  If you haven't got the reflectors visit your dealer
Last edited by guest2360 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

B787MECH wrote: Ok I'm confused, I've got a 2017 model RT with new Nav V, and don't seem to have the My Motorcycle function. Is it country-specific (I'm in UK) or have I missed something?
Have you checked that your Nav V doesn't need a software update? I'm in the UK and my Nav V has come over from my 2013 GS which I bought in June 2015. I can confirm that the 'My Motorcycle' function was available at that point and is available and works fine on my UK-spec 2017 RT TE. (Although it gives me a little picture of a GS but I kind of assumed that was the generic Garmin image.)

Maybe someone who has an earlier RT can confirm if the app is there on their Nav V?

If you don't have the yellow reflectors on the front fork legs (see picture below) then it's not a 2017 MY bike (in which case I foresee an awkward conversation with your dealer).
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

With a pre 17 RT and a fully up to date Nav you get NOTHING. 
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

B787MECH wrote: Ok I'm confused, I've got a 2017 model RT with new Nav V, and don't seem to have the My Motorcycle function. Is it country-specific (I'm in UK) or have I missed something?

Put my Nav V from my 2014 RT onto the new 2017 RT & it worked straight away showing My Motorcycle  info & all the tech info that shows up on the GS. :)
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Thanks for the info guys, I have a white 2017 model just arrived from the factory (with reflectors on the forks) and new Nav V and it doesn't have the My Motorcycle app available. Maybe it needs activation in some way?

GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

If you go into the setting and change the picture it will show a touring bike I.e. RT.

If not you may need to update your sat nav software via garmin express.

Also own a white euro 4 model.

Last edited by GJ-MOTO on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GJ-MOTO
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I would suggest a quick trip to your dealer and plug in their demo Nav.  If it comes up with the App it's your Nav.  If it doesn't it's the bike.
Wouldn't do any harm to plug the Nav into Garmin Express though.  But not now you will be up half the night with map updates.
Last edited by guest2360 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Will try an update on Garmin Express and then a trip to the dealer. Cheers.

Paggers

Post by Paggers »

GJ-MOTO wrote: If you go into the setting and change the picture it will show a touring bike I.e. RT.
Can you expand on that a bit, please? I would love to have mine show an RT but having just checked I cannot work out where to change the setting.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Get your Quick Manual for Menu out. Under settings Row two.Background.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

RTman10 wrote: Get your Quick Manual for Menu out. Under settings Row two.Background.
I'm not even sure I looked at the manual when I bought the Nav 2 years ago (having come from a Zumo I was already familiar with the software). I certainly have no idea where it would be by this point.

I'm struggling to make sense of your instructions. If I hit settings (on the main screen) the second row is 'Navigation'.

Just to be clear, I am not looking to change the icon that is displayed on the map when navigating. I may have misunderstood but I thought what was on offer was to change the icon for the 'My Motorcycle' app from one that looks like a GS to one that looks like an RT.