If you have a "blow dryer" which do you have would you recommend it?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

If you have a "blow dryer" which do you have would you recommend it?

Post by Peter Baker »

Hi, Decided I will get a blow dryer as the RT has a lot of places that are not easy to dry with a cloth!  I am thinking of getting a BRUHL BD1240 which seems to be a reasonable compromise between price and speed/warm air.  Any thoughts in this or others?  Thanks, Peter
GuzziRick

Re: If you have a "blow dryer" which do you have would you recommend it?

Post by GuzziRick »

Hi I've got the Airforce sidekick, had it for about 10years small but powerful enough to do the job.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Black & Decker leaf blower.  £20 a think from B & Q about 5 years ago.  Only cold air but very powerful and blows everything dry in a couple of minutes. Also picked up leaves in its other life.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

Bought the BRUHL 2220.  Variable speed, does the job very efficiently.  Hid the purchase from my wife- not for long- she thinks anyone who blow dries a bike is insane!        She may be right!!!
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

mhr43 wrote: Bought the BRUHL 2220.  Variable speed, does the job very efficiently.  Hid the purchase from my wife- not for long- she thinks anyone who blow dries a bike is insane!        She may be right!!!

No not insane. Ask her to dry your bike for you when its cold and I think she will see what its all about. I have had mine (Airforce Blaster) a couple of years now and its one of the best things I have ever bought for the bike. Its a bit noisy but very effective. Its the only way of drying a bike properly in winter when its cold. The air is filtered and so does zero damage to the bike. Clean dry bike = No corrosion.
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

Anyone reading these post and considering purchasing one may want to consider buying a pet blow dryer.

The cheapest I've seen on eBay is around £40 and they work a treat.
GJ-MOTO
Jacksnipe

Post by Jacksnipe »

+ I on the Airforce Blaster, great bit of kit also useful for defrosting the Freezer quickly !
Jacksnipe
guest4031

Post by guest4031 »

+1 on the leaf blower. Works just fine.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Leaf blower, also cleans out garage and dryer vent+++
Jim
Pete1200

Post by Pete1200 »

Bought a dog  dryer off Amazon. Looks exactly tha same as the bike dryers at about half the price. Does a good job too.
May the road ever be your friend, from leaving home till journey's end.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Levisp wrote:
No not insane. Ask her to dry your bike for you when its cold and I think she will see what its all about. I have had mine (Airforce Blaster) a couple of years now and its one of the best things I have ever bought for the bike. Its a bit noisy but very effective. Its the only way of drying a bike properly in winter when its cold. The air is filtered and so does zero damage to the bike. Clean dry bike = No corrosion.

Surely, once the bike's had a good blow dry(!), won't the colder air in your garage just condense on the warmer metal parts of the bike at this time of the year?? ???
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Leaf blower is easy and dual purpose as already mentioned.  Or as I saw on another forum years ago, the best excuse ever from a motorcyclist stopped for speeding - "I was drying the bike officer".  haha
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Steve F wrote:
Surely, once the bike's had a good blow dry(!),won't the colder air in your garage just condense on the warmer metal parts of the bike at this time of the year?? ???

Not really. With the Airforce Blaster the air is only heated by the compressing of the air, so its not that warm. Not sure about other makes.

For you leaf blowers users is the air filtered ?

Pet driers look to me to be exactly the same as bike ones. If they are cheaper I would go down that route if I was buying again. Good idea.

Last edited by Levisp on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Filtered air on leaf blowers.  Wouldn't think so.  But standing up holding the  monster as it tries to blow the panels off I can't see why you would need to filter the air. It's unlikely to suck in and shoot out anything that's going to cause damage.
omnione
Great Britain

Post by omnione »

I bought one of the pet dryers off eBay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281761600818? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Mines black not yellow, powerful and hot enough to dry the bike all for under £50. Works well.

Don't know yet how long it's going to last though!!!!
All my old bikes some my photo's some library ones. https://plus.google.com/photos/10247855 ... 44vW9K6McA