Just Retired

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
scunny1

Re: Just Retired

Post by scunny1 »

David. wrote: I've seen some bikes with the text, "Riding the Kids Inheritance" on the number plate.
My wife said I was spending her and the kids inheritance when I bought my RT and a new Jaguar out of my pension pot. :) )
scunny1  R1200RT LE 2015
axamax
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2012
Great Britain

Post by axamax »

leonjennings wrote: I KNOW!!
Not me. I only work 6am to 7pm Monday to Saturday, and every other Sunday.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Work 3 days per week, Monday to Wednesday,  so I suppose I'm semi retired  :wonder: Another 2 years  before I can put my work head to bed :) Hopefully drop down to just a day before then.
25 years in the coal mines brought me a decent pension which I've been drawing since the age of 50. So luckily I've been able to have a much better work / leisure relationship.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

Well at 55, I find myself in rented accommodation with no pension and no cash reserves following a very nasty divorce where the ex decided she liked ladies as much as I did after 25 years of marriage.

I never did like the idea of retiring, and I don't suppose I'll ever get to find out now.

Hats off to those of you who managed to keep your pension to maturity, I drew a short straw in that department.

That being said, I am very happy with my lot in life, and get to see my kids every day, I'm self employed and enjoy my work, and as part of my work have an RT on business PCP so not all bad.

I'm looking into starting my own pension without any advisors who take commissions or fees, might be a long shot but looks to be the most cost effective.