Navigator VI available soon

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
SweRT

Navigator VI available soon

Post by SweRT »

FYI:
[attachimg=1]
http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/inde ... &notrack=1
Same same but different! (and no locking system :o)
Attachments
Navigator VI.JPG
guest2360

Re: Navigator VI available soon

Post by guest2360 »

Must be a figment of somebody's imagination, it's unknown in Google.
SweRT

Post by SweRT »

Have you checked the link?
Maybe the official BMW site is better informed than Google this time
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

RTman10 wrote: Must be a figment of somebody's imagination, it's unknown in Google.
I can find some pictures of 2017 bikes with it on  ;)

[attachimg=1]
Attachments
P90235518-highRes.jpg
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

RTman10 wrote: Must be a figment of somebody's imagination, it's unknown in Google.

Let us hope that the RRP of £675 is also a figment of somebody's imagination.
John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It has to be exactly the same size when/if they release it.  Specs show twice the internal memory but so what.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

RTman10 wrote: It has to be exactly the same size when/if they release it.  Specs show twice the internal memory but so what.
Plus some other new features  ;)
SweRT

Post by SweRT »

Time to inform Google??  ;)
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

From what I can see most of the new features relate to the Garmin software. I wonder if Garmin will intentionally withhold those software updates from the Nav V in order to drive sales. Not sure how that would be to their advantage but who knows what deal they have struck with BMW.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I read somewhere recently that the coming generation of Garmin car satnavs have features that work from a road facing camera to record the journey , read roadsigns and warn if you are closing in on the vehicle in front. I know we all do that anyway but technology feels it can assist.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Some cars already do.  Drives me mad beeping and telling me what I already know. Most of it is radar controlled.  What such a system would make of a unit leaning from side  to side I hate to think
Last edited by guest2360 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

So the 'my motorcycle' feature only works when not mounted on the bike??
[size=12px]MyMotorcycle StatusThe MyMotorcycle status page is only available when the unit is not in the vehicle; it displays the information last received by the vehicle in tabular form. It also shows service information, such as range, fuel reserve activated, tyre pressure front/rear, mileage, vehicle ID number, service date, service road stretch, active warning message(s). [size=12px]MyMotorcycle Last Ride
The Last Ride page is only available when the unit is not in the vehicle; it displays a review of the most recent journey in tabular form.[size=11px][size=12px]Day trip counter, average speed, average fuel consumption, gear shifts, average throttle position, brake activation front/rear, maximum/minimum/average ambient temperature, average engine temperature[/size][size=12px]Each range (statistics, temperatures) can be reset separately[/size][/size][size=12px]Additional content of MyMotorcycle feature:[size=11px][size=12px]Motorcycle warning and status messages are displayed on the left of the main map page. If several warning messages are active, the number of messages is displayed beneath the warning triangle[/size][size=12px]If a connection has been set up to the BMW Motorrad communication system, a new warning is signalised in the helmet by a warning signal[/size][size=12px]If there are multiple warning messages, a list of messages can be opened by pressing the warning triangle. When a message is selected, additional information is displayed[/size][size=12px]When fuel reserve is selected, the nearest filling stations in the vicinity are displayed[/size][/size]* for K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT from Modell year 2017** With Preparation for GPS Device and On-board Computer Pro
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That sounds very American to me.  Trying to make sure you don't start looking at all the info available while negotiating an Alpine pass.  Once bought an American power mower.  You needed 3 hands to work it fully.
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Post by slparry »

one of the main new features of the Nav 6 is the ability to stream music from your phone to your helmet via the nav unit
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

slparry wrote: one of the main new features of the Nav 6 is the ability to stream music from your phone to your helmet via the nav unit

What's the point of that?  I can already stream music from my phone to my helmet, without the need for a satnav, Nav6 or any other model...

:-\ :-\