German Bike Friendly Hotels

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Gman1969

German Bike Friendly Hotels

Post by Gman1969 »

Hi All
Does anyone now any hotels around Gummerbach / Siegen that would have secure Bike parking for a trip we are doing this year?

Cheers
Stuart
Gman1969

Re: German Bike Friendly Hotels

Post by Gman1969 »

sorted now
RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

And what ones did you find or is there a central post where these are being recorded for future queries?
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

Generally I find hotels in continental Europe very understanding of motorcyclists.  I normally ask if they have private parking and if they do that is enough.  A couple of places I have turned up looked at the private parking and thought, err not leaving the bike there and when I asked them if it was alright to park it in view of  the reception (even on the footpath) they have been happy to oblige.  True it is easier as I tour on my own so it is just one bike...  Hope that helps a little, Peter

PS. Google Street View is also a good tool to use when booking hotels as if they are in town you can see if they have a wide pavement and such like!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

We travelled in that area a few years back.  Fantastic motorcycling terrain.

The plan was to go with the bike, however the switchgear issue raised its ugly head and prevented us from taking the bike.

What we did see was so many hotels, with the sign - Motorcyclists welcome.  So I don't think Hotels are a major problem.

For reference. There is a website which gave/gives motorcycle friendly hotels across Europe - I don't have it near me now.  I will check it out, and post it tonight.
Best regards, Sleuth
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

This was the one who said they had secure parking and catered for bikers:

Hotel Stremme Betriebsges.mbH
Beckestraße 55
51647 Gummersbach
Tel. 02261/9264-0
www.hotel-stremme.de
[email protected]

Be great to hear if anyone has been there.