R1200 rt-p pannier liners

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
MarkG

R1200 rt-p pannier liners

Post by MarkG »

hi everyone,
I have a 2008 RT Police spec with the narrow panniers. Whilst they are pretty good, dry etc. life could be easier if there was a drop liner/bag (just like the 'proper' RT) for the police spec version. have done couple of google searches...but not luck...anyone know a supplier who might have such items?
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Re: R1200 rt-p pannier liners

Post by exportman »

Hi,

Try  AmazonBasics Packing cubes.
Not waterproof but I find these quit handy for packing things into the panniers. 
lotoofla

Post by lotoofla »

Since you have the narrow police pannier lids you can go on line a buy some full size lids, also the liner concept is a rip off as after you fill them up now you have the chore of trying to stuff them in the pannier. Simply put take your key unlock from the mount, jerk up and take into your house or room and load up. When you get to your destination take the pannier off and pop into your room.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

lotoofla wrote: Since you have the narrow police pannier lids you can go on line a buy some full size lids, also the liner concept is a rip off as after you fill them up now you have the chore of trying to stuff them in the pannier. Simply put take your key unlock from the mount, jerk up and take into your house or room and load up. When you get to your destination take the pannier off and pop into your room.

Not sure about wet head RTP, but the panniers on our blood bike RTP (2010) are bolted onto the frame, you don't just turn a key and take them off. Also the panniers are top opening, not side opening  :whistle:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Not using pannier liners can be a very dirty option .  I've been in many a hotel lift being covered in muck off the back of other people's panniers.  Also a very heavy option.  If nothing else is available a couple of bin liners is a better option.
RTs4me
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by RTs4me »

A search on 'RealOEM' shows some inner bags for the narrow, top-loading Police-version panniers.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=77_0157

...they don't look very capacious though, more like a document bag.

Hope this helps  :)
Moosehead

Post by Moosehead »

I just bought a set of cheap pannier bags on eBay for the RT which when unexpanded, fit the rtp panniers nicely. Now they fit nicely in the standard panniers!

In fact I may be offloading them if you're interested.

Dan