Cruise Control Issue on 2016 RT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Littlebriar

Cruise Control Issue on 2016 RT

Post by Littlebriar »

My cruise control started acting flaky a couple months ago after 10,000 miles. With cruise engaged, if you push the switch forward the speed moves up about 1 mph, if you push switch back it should reduce speed by about 1 mph. It worked fine until recently. When I pull the switch back, the speed actually goes up about 1 mph. If I hold the switch down, it will begin to decelerate quickly and when I release, it will settle to something like 3 mph lower than originally set. Under warranty, the dealer replaced the left switch but the problem continues. The dealer is investigating the problem but hasn't gotten back to me yet. Sure sounds like a computer bug.
Anyone else have this problem?
Steve
guest2360

Re: Cruise Control Issue on 2016 RT

Post by guest2360 »

If you temporarily disengage it and then give a quick flip back to reset it does it return to the original speed.
Littlebriar

Post by Littlebriar »

Yes, everything works as expected except for the "bump down" feature. Resume works fine.
Steve
CWRoady

Post by CWRoady »

Same issue on my '15. Had it looked at at my dealer a few weeks ago and they say they could not replicate the problem. Of course it didn't happen when I picked it up, but at least it is documented as a problem and I will check it out again on my next tour.
Ain't nothin like a friend who can tell you you're just pissin in the wind - Neil Young