Vines Motorrad of Guildford

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Reaper999

Vines Motorrad of Guildford

Post by Reaper999 »

I had wanted to join some of the others on the Southern meet at Boxhill on the 25th of Feb but I’ve been ill of late and things always seem worse first thing in the morning so sadly missed the 10.30am meet as I was still feeling rough.
However, after I’d walked my dogs at lunch time, I got kitted up and headed off from Worthing to Newlands Corner for the Vines Motorrad New Season Launch hoping to see if anyone was still there with an RT but sadly when I arrived at around 1.30pm I was the only one in the car park, although there were plenty of other bikes, just no RT’s.
My bike rode there without issue, I had a wander round the new bikes and spoke to some of the staff and then as the weather began to turn I decided to head home. Unfortunately, my bike had other ideas and much to my embarrassment refused to start.
The staff from Vines could see I was having trouble and came over to assist. They pushed my bike under one of their canopy’s and started checking the bike over for me. They added some extra fuel for me just in case my fuel gauge (bike was showing one bar left on the gauge) was playing up and checked over various connections to the fuel pump but sadly the bike still showed no signs of life.
Without hesitation, the staff offered to load my bike into their van, take it to their workshop in Guildford and sort me out with a loan bike so I could get home. An offer I was incredibly grateful for so happily accepted. I left Vines at Guildford an hour or so later on one of their brand new R1200GS, the low frame model as at 5’8” I’m a little vertically challenged.
Today (Monday the 27th of Feb) I received a call from their workshop explaining that the electronic control unit for the Fuel pump had died, I agreed to the quote for the work and they have extended the cover for the loan bike they gave me as the parts have to be ordered so I should hopefully get my bike back tomorrow.
All in all, I’ve received a fantastic service and can’t thank the staff at Vines enough for their help so far. If anyone at Vines does read this review, please pass on my thanks to your team.
What more can I say other than based upon my recent experience I would highly recommend them if anyone in the Southern area needs some work done on their bike.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Vines Motorrad of Guildford

Post by Casbar »

That is great service, glad you got home. Maybe post on their Facebook page (if they have one )
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Sorry you didn't make it in time to see the rest of us.  It was too cold for us to stay too long!

Glad to hear that Vines sorted you out.  I've heard good things about them in the past too.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Don't feel too bad about not getting there in time. Three of us managed to brace the cold and dreary conditions but did not stay long.

Glad you got the bike sorted. I will pass on your comments to the team at Vines next time I see them.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.