TPMS query

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Simon

TPMS query

Post by Simon »

Hi,
Quick question... is it possible to change the tyre pressure display units from bar to psi?
I've had a look at the rider's manual, but couldn't find anything.
Thanks

2010 R1200RT SE - The Silver Machine
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: TPMS query

Post by Casbar »

Don't think so
Reaper999

Post by Reaper999 »

Yes you can but only with the aid of a decent diagnostic set up.

BMW Motorrad can set it up for you or if you have one of the GS-911 Diagnostic tools then you can use this to change the display. I know it definately works as I've recently used mine to change to PSI.
If your on or near the South Coast (I'm in worthing) then your welcome to drop by and I'll plug my GS-911 in and sort it out for you or if you are interested in buying the kit then you can order them here https://www.ilexa.co.uk/shop/GS-911

I highly recomend these as whilst a bit expensive initially they can save you a fortune on trips to the main dealer.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the replies.
I'll get the dealer to sort it next time I head to Cardiff.  Thanks for the offer Reaper 999, but Worthing is a little too far from Carmarthenshire for a quick trip...
Might have to look at investing in a GS-911 when I've saved up the pennies!
2010 R1200RT SE - The Silver Machine
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Reaper999 wrote: Yes you can but only with the aid of a decent diagnostic set up.

BMW Motorrad can set it up for you or if you have one of the GS-911 Diagnostic tools then you can use this to change the display. I know it definately works as I've recently used mine to change to PSI.
If your on or near the South Coast (I'm in worthing) then your welcome to drop by and I'll plug my GS-911 in and sort it out for you or if you are interested in buying the kit then you can order them here https://www.ilexa.co.uk/shop/GS-911

I highly recomend these as whilst a bit expensive initially they can save you a fortune on trips to the main dealer.

Thats good to know, I thought bikes out of Europe were in llbs, but I asked my dealer about this on my 2014 and they said no. So they were obviously telling porkies :)
Reaper999

Post by Reaper999 »

Mines a 2007 Casbar so I can't be 100% about the watercooled bikes as I've never tried but it can definately be done on the Aircooled.
johnarthur

Post by johnarthur »

Simon,  Yours is a twin cam like mine.  Yes, you can change it with a GS-911.  I have done so myself on mine!  If you fancy a ride to darkest Powys, about 10 miles north of Newtown, I would be happy to do it for you,

John
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

And I had just about got my head round Bars. 2.5 and 2.9 is a lot easier to remember .
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Reaper999 wrote: Mines a 2007 Casbar so I can't be 100% about the watercooled bikes as I've never tried but it can definately be done on the Aircooled.

Did a search on another forum and apparently it is possible on the LC, but some dealers will and some won't that is over the water though, so not sure about Europe spec bikes. I am ok with bar, so won't bother  8)
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

When my 2016 RT LC was delivered it was defaulted to bars.  When it got the run-in service at 600mi, the dealer flipped it over to psi.  So yes, definitely possible, and the dealer should be able to help you.
BMW MOA #210438
pwbike
Been liked: 1 time

Post by pwbike »

My Aussie 2014 liquid cooled is in PSI.
The did tell me a few options need to be changed by the workshop, but I don't think they explained the TPM readout.
Peter
pkpilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by pkpilot »

pwbike wrote: My Aussie 2014 liquid cooled is in PSI.
The did tell me a few options need to be changed by the workshop, but I don't think they explained the TPM readout.
It is explained in the owner's manual. If you do not have one, they are available on line (PM me if you can't find it and I will email it to you.  The detailed discussion is on about page 112 (not all manuals paginated the same).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk