My Friday project.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Littlebriar
Been liked: 1 time

Re: My Friday project.

Post by Littlebriar »

LC cool wrote: Littlebriar can you post photos of your lights on you crash bars.
Here you go.
Attachments
P1020569 (Medium).JPG
P1020566 (Medium).JPG
P1020563 (Medium).JPG
Steve
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

My apologies as I think I may have caused confusion. The term auxiliary its misleading. I should have said the positive battery terminal that is visible from the side and is covered by a red plastic cap. This is shown in the owners manual.
UKDucatiman

Clearwater lamps

Post by UKDucatiman »

I've got a set of their Darla lamps to fit. They are quite small so hopefully won't look too out of place. Unlike the later bikes there is no plug-in soluction for my 2006 RT. In this case  I need to break into the loom. The instruction are comprehensive so hopefully it wont be too difficult, I just need to allow plenty of time to get the job done.
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Clearwater lamps

Post by timminator »

UKDucatiman wrote: I've got a set of their Darla lamps to fit. They are quite small so hopefully won't look too out of place. Unlike the later bikes there is no plug-in soluction for my 2006 RT. In this case  I need to break into the loom. The instruction are comprehensive so hopefully it wont be too difficult, I just need to allow plenty of time to get the job done.
If you can find them, I highly recommend posi-tap connectors.  They will allow you to tap into the existing wire harness without cutting and can be removed later, leaving only a small pinhole in the insulation.  I used them to connect an autocomm to the factory radio (see photo).
Attachments
2016-07-31 16.54.05.jpg
BMW MOA #210438
UKDucatiman

Re: Clearwater lamps

Post by UKDucatiman »

timminator wrote: If you can find them, I highly recommend posi-tap connectors.  They will allow you to tap into the existing wire harness without cutting and can be removed later, leaving only a small pinhole in the insulation.  I used them to connect an autocomm to the factory radio (see photo).

Good call, I need to check but I'm sure the Clearwater install kit comes with posi-tap connectors. If not I will certainly try and get some.

mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

Yes, Clearwater supply the post-tap connectors.
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

Sorry  'typo'  should have said posi- tap.