Radio question

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
pencile
Has liked: 1 time
United States of America

Radio question

Post by pencile »

Has any one heard of a Bluetooth add on for the 1200RT radio that would allow use of the Bluetooth helms?
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Radio question

Post by timminator »

pencile wrote: Has any one heard of a Bluetooth add on for the 1200RT radio that would allow use of the Bluetooth helms?
If you have the factory BMW radio the bluetooth is already built in.  I guess I should say it is on my 2016 RT, I can't speak for older models.  What year is your bike?
BMW MOA #210438
pencile
United States of America

Post by pencile »

its a 2014 model
pencile
United States of America

Post by pencile »

do you have a menu setting that turns the Bluetooth on?
timminator

Post by timminator »

pencile wrote: do you have a menu setting that turns the Bluetooth on?
In the audio menu, you can turn the speakers on/off, when they are off, the bluetooth is active.  There are also menu options in the audio section for pairing your bike audio with helmet1/helmet2.  There is a definite sequence you need to follow, especially if you have the Nav and want to also pair your phone so that it's all integrated.

There was a radio manual that came with my bike that documents the process, but also dozens of youtube videos out there too.
BMW MOA #210438
timminator

Post by timminator »

This video is referring to a Sena headset, but the same process applies to others.  Just slightly different about how you start the pairing process on your particular kit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nB3JiPEqpQ&t=1s
BMW MOA #210438
pencile
United States of America

Post by pencile »

That video did it!!  my SENA paired up...took a bit to find it, but it did and its working great!!  THANKS!!
timminator

Post by timminator »

pencile wrote: That video did it!!  my SENA paired up...took a bit to find it, but it did and its working great!!  THANKS!!
Great, glad it's working!  This forum is a wealth of information, and has a lot of very experienced BMW riders (not me!), so be sure to visit often.  The search feature works well too, I can find many of my answers are already out there.

Cheers  :)
BMW MOA #210438
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

pencile wrote: That video did it!!  my SENA paired up...took a bit to find it, but it did and its working great!!  THANKS!!

Don't get upset if you cannot get the system to pair with Helmet 2.  You will always gat a message (not possible).  You can only connect two helmets directly to the radio if you have BMW headsets.