iPhone iOS update today to 10.3

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Found out I was on 10.2.1 so seemed like a good time to update.

Frees up some space on your hard drive apparently
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
rangemaster728

Re: iPhone iOS update today to 10.3

Post by rangemaster728 »

Gee...I didn't know an iPhone had a hard drive lol...
Hopefully 10.3 will fix reported problems like touch ID going wonky, BT/Wifi performance problems, etc. that appeared for some folks with 10.2.x.

It was so bad on my iPad Air 2 I downloaded 10.3 public beta and it fixed those things, so maybe the 'full release' version will cure phone problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alcfire
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Great Britain

Post by Alcfire »

Just tried to update my iPhone to 10.3 and it locked up, took me a couple of hours to reset it and have lost all my settings and apps so from my experience beware. Have updated before with no problems, but not this time
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Alcfire wrote: Just tried to update my iPhone to 10.3 and it locked up, took me a couple of hours to reset it and have lost all my settings and apps so from my experience beware. Have updated before with no problems, but not this time

Updated two iPhone 6s an ipad and iPad mini, no issues at all. Each took about 10 mins max. Think you were unlucky
rangemaster728

Post by rangemaster728 »

Anytime you do a software update make sure you FIRST back the device up to iCloud (or iTunes...I use iCloud).

It will take a bit of time (in some cases the better part of the day) on a major update for all your documents (i.e. PDF files), apps and email to fully re-appear (I have 5 email accounts synched to the phone).

ALSO - good time to make sure you know the passwords (or change them) for things like email and online banking apps, etc...just because you use Touch ID it doesn't guarantee success, as these apps will see it's a different iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk