Nav V

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Maz12

Nav V

Post by Maz12 »

map update now available..  2018.10
guest3074

Re: Nav V

Post by guest3074 »

Maz12 wrote: map update now available..  2018.10
Thanks, that's me updated  :)
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Me too! ... Thanks

Quite a long update for me. It took about 45 minutes.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

stayingupright wrote: Me too! ... Thanks

Quite a long update for me. It took about 45 minutes.

45 min, a long update, I wish.  Just done mine 5 HOURS. 
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Did mine earlier today, 45 mins max  8)  and it worked on the Mac - bonus
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Casbar wrote: Did mine earlier today, 45 mins max  8)  and it worked on the Mac - bonus

Took me that long to find the USB cable.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

RTman10 wrote:
45 min, a long update, I wish.  Just done mine 5 HOURS.

Are you still on dial-up?
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That was sometimes quicker.  Then again the last update took 20 minutes. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

Thanks and now updated.  Approx 45minutes
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

I had to get my nearly new Nav V replaced under warranty.
Registered and updated it, probably in less than 45 minutes - quite an achievement for someone with my level of computer expertise.
I'll find out if the updates are up to date next week when I'm heading down through England / France / Spain (avoiding tolls).
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
scunny1

Post by scunny1 »

Considering buying a Nav V, just a couple of questions. My 2015LC has not got the audio package but has speakers and blank switches. Does Nav 5 connect to these speakers, or are they just covers ,is there a speaker built into Nav V unit itself , or do I need helmet communication???  If I need connections to helmet, any recommendations ( I ride solo, so pillion comms is not desperately needed and I have Arai helmets )  Thanks in anticipation.
scunny1  R1200RT LE 2015
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

scunny1 wrote: Considering buying a Nav V, just a couple of questions. My 2015LC has not got the audio package but has speakers and blank switches. Does Nav 5 connect to these speakers, or are they just covers ,is there a speaker built into Nav V unit itself , or do I need helmet communication??? If I need connections to helmet, any recommendations ( I ride solo, so pillion comms is not desperately needed and I have Arai helmets ) Thanks in anticipation.
I have an LC without audio, my brother has one with audio.  We both have BMW helmets with the BMW Bluetooth communicators. As far as I know, the satnav can't communicate via the audio system speakers.
I can't help with a recommendation for a Bluetooth device to fit your Arai - sorry.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

scunny1 wrote: Considering buying a Nav V, just a couple of questions. My 2015LC has not got the audio package but has speakers and blank switches. Does Nav 5 connect to these speakers, or are they just covers ,is there a speaker built into Nav V unit itself , or do I need helmet communication???  If I need connections to helmet, any recommendations ( I ride solo, so pillion comms is not desperately needed and I have Arai helmets )  Thanks in anticipation.

I think you'll find your bike has speaker covers but no speakers.  I also think you'll find they're not blank switches, just moulded covers over empty holes.

Why would they install speakers or switches on a bike wth no audio system??

The Nav5 has no speaker or audio-out jack-plug, so you're down to a choice of bluetooth headset.  You will find plenty of threads on here with a variety of opinions on their merits.  Good luck choosing!

;-)
Taz

Post by Taz »

I have a 2016 RT without the audio package. The speaker covers are just that - there are large voids behind them where speakers could go. The buttons on the left lower side are blanks where buttons would go - the wiring behind has also been removed.

The Sat Nav will link through any Bluetooth helmet system.
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You have two choices for connecting to your Nav and both are Bluetooth.  Either a full Bluetooth headset of whatever make you wish or a wired system like an Autocom with a Bluetooth dongle attached.  For me the advantage of the wired system is I can use more than one helmet as the headsets are relatively inexpensive and everything is bike powered.  You don't get bike to bike though. 
Last edited by guest2360 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.