Service Reminder

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Blueboy

Service Reminder

Post by Blueboy »

Hi I just reached 1100kms on my new R1200 RT. When does the service remi der usually come on??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Blueboy
guest2360

Re: Service Reminder

Post by guest2360 »

It should have been set to tell you it's due a service 10000 km on from its last service or 12 months on.  Comes on about 500 km or one month early.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Thanks...I've read the manual and it says that✔
...I'll wait another 200kms if still nothing..I'll bring it in for the service..cheers🏍

Blueboy
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Blueboy wrote: Hi I just reached 1100kms on my new R1200 RT. When does the service reminder usually come on??
As you're probably aware, the running in check must be performed between500 & 1200 kms.  I'm not sure that the service indicator alerts for this check.  If your bike has already clocked up 1100 kms, I would advise getting it into your dealer asap, or risk voiding your warranty.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

gogs01 wrote: As you're probably aware, the running in check must be performed between500 & 1200 kms.  I'm not sure that the service indicator alerts for this check.  If your bike has already clocked up 1100 kms, I would advise getting it into your dealer asap, or risk voiding your warranty.
Thanks will do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blueboy
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

gogs01 wrote: As you're probably aware, the running in check must be performed between500 & 1200 kms.  I'm not sure that the service indicator alerts for this check.  If your bike has already clocked up 1100 kms, I would advise getting it into your dealer asap, or risk voiding your warranty.

Light does not come on for the running in check but it should have been set 10000km on from the mileage covered at the check.  If you don't bother with the check and you get a serious engine problem I wouldn't hold your breath for an easy warranty repair.
futterweasel

Post by futterweasel »

light came on on my 2014 rt after new engine fitted think it counted down from 200 miles to go to running in service
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

futterweasel wrote: light came on on my 2014 rt after new engine fitted think it counted down from 200 miles to go to running in service

Did it.  Can never remember any of mine doing that .  Then again it wasn't yesterday.
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

Blueboy stated he has a NEW RT so it will have never been serviced and therefore the reminder not programmed.  My 2015 LC from new never had a reminder for the first run in service.
R1250RT LE
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

daverj wrote: Blueboy stated he has a NEW RT so it will have never been serviced and therefore the reminder not programmed.  My 2015 LC from new never had a reminder for the first run in service.

You're not wrong.  I read 11000km not 1100.  He has exceeded the first check limit. I was pretty sure you got no light for the first check as the window is a big one to get it done.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Yes, and I just called my dealer, the salesman mistakenly told me that there will be an automatic service reminder at 1000 klicks.
You are all correct there is no first reminder - according to the BMW technician. I told him I already have 1370 Kms he said no worries, you can still ride it up to 1600 or so - keep revs under 5000.
I have my appointment for Monday, it will be $242. Cdn tax in.
Thanks to all for your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blueboy
futterweasel

Post by futterweasel »

The service reminder can be set to any time/mileage limit you like using a GS911, I assume this is also an option for a BMW technician so I would say the first service reminder is not being set by the dealer as I stated earlier my reminder came on after my new engine was fitted. 
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Thank you.

Blueboy