Vehicle Emmisions Certificate

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Vehicle Emmisions Certificate

Post by Our Gee »

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I can't find any relative info on how to obtain a French "Crit Air"  vehicles emmision sticker. With at least a couple of trips coming up this year both on the bike and in the car I need to get organised asap. Both the AA and RAC web sites give plenty of info on what the system is about but nothing as far as I can see on how to obtain a sticker. There is a French web site but as one would expect it's all in French. HELP !!!

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Re: Vehicle Emmisions Certificate

Post by simbo »

It's only in Paris, Lyon & Grenoble up to yet from what I've read.
www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/ ... ch-cities/
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Our Gee, As simbo correctly says, it is currently for those few major cities, but doubtless as this vignette scheme gains momentum, more cities will be added! I have three such Crit Air stickers, one for my car (recently drove through length of France), and one each for my bike and my wife's bike,  as we'll be touring France this summer on the bikes. So, thought it best to comply as it's only approx €4 per sticker. I applied for mind successfully via this web site (English version denoted by Union Jack flag icon at page top) https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/. All I would say is that make sure you comply with the file size and type constraints, ie scanned copy of your V5 Reg document, otherwise it can cock things up! When you've successfully applied online, you'll receive a confirmation email that has a paper certificate, which will then be followed by your Crit Air sticker sent to you in the post. They stipulate sticking the sticker on the bike forks, but personally I'll be putting mine on the RT windscreen instead!
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Many thanks Steve, just the info I needed. I was aware of the cities where the sticker is required and although at this time we don't plan travelling through those there is chance we may include a Lyon transit in the summer. Thanks again. Good info.
Dogbreath

Post by Dogbreath »

Quite correct steve.
I applied for mine online using a photo of my V5.
I've received the email stating this can be used as proof of compliance ahead of the paper copy sent through the post.

I'm driving through Lyon on Monday so that's useful ^-^