Legal Stuff

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Legal Stuff

Post by k9doc »

With more Organised Meets and Rideouts hopefully in the offing, I was wondering whether we should ask 'the Boss' to post a sticky in the relevant sections along the lines of,

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through this Forum does so at their own risk.
Anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

I was reading a while ago a debate where a ride leader may be held responsible if a member of the ride is caught speeding and would also be liable for a ticket. Don't want to appear a wet blanket but these issues need addressing.

Also if and when numbers exceed a nominal level, it may be relevant to ensure everyone is familiar with the 'Drop off System' ( egg sucking granny's spring to mind).

Just a couple of thoughts, hope no-one minds. If there is already such a post on the forum, then I've missed it and I apologise.
Chris
guest3075

Re: Legal Stuff

Post by guest3075 »

It's always good to let everyone know they ride for themselves ala ROSPA or IAM, also Kent Fire Bike team do a section on riding in groups as part of their talks. (Not sure if any other teams do this kid of thing)

Personally I'm not a fan of organised rides or groups having has one or two that saw some riders so intent on keeping up, they suffered from 'red mist' and couldn't focus on their own safety for keeping up with the group. I realise these may not be representative of all group rides of course.

k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

ItsOnlyMe wrote: It's always good to let everyone know they ride for themselves ala ROSPA or IAM, also Kent Fire Bike team do a section on riding in groups as part of their talks. (Not sure if any other teams do this kid of thing)

Personally I'm not a fan of organised rides or groups having has one or two that saw some riders so intent on keeping up, they suffered from 'red mist' and couldn't focus on their own safety for keeping up with the group. I realise these may not be representative of all group rides of course.
I know what you mean but I think 'red mist' is inversely proportional to testosterone levels ie age, and a 'drop off system' operated correctly precludes the necessity of trying to keep up. Just my opinions obviously.
Chris
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

k9doc wrote: I know what you mean but I think 'red mist' is inversely proportional to testosterone levels ie age, and a 'drop off system' operated correctly precludes the necessity of trying to keep up. Just my opinions obviously.

Not keen on group rides, but one group I attend sometimes operate the second man drop off, so no chasing, as nobody gets lost.