Forum etiquette

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Masq85

Re: Forum etiquette

Post by Masq85 »

ItsOnlyMe wrote: I complained to the forum owners about the standards here, after a particularly 'bitchy' savage reply to a new post from someone with a few posts by someone with high volumes of posts.

Due to the type of responses and 'if you don't like it why did you buy it' style of replies, I now visit less regularly and think twice about posting.

If I wanted sarcasm I'd have gone to my ex wife.

Lovely forum, but like many, has been taken over by a few who think it's their given right to tittle tattle over any post, and don't even seem to read the original posts, before launching into abusive and opinionated comments.

In my opinion, we are no longer welcoming to new forum members, as they seem to have to walk some gauntlet of 'you don't have enough posts, so your comments are not valid' style. When they do offer a comment, it gets ridiculed, and they then give up.

We are all motorcyclists, and we are all RT and BMW fans, all of us have a valid and equal opinion and right to air, but when those comments are bordline plain rude, we have lost what makes us special as a group.

I try to consider if my comments can be misunderstood before posting, and if the post has been started by someone who has typed in with other than their native language, I refrain from making 'jokes' or anything that might be misunderstood.

Does this make for a boring forum? IF I want to get the sh1t kicked out of my thoughts , I'll go to UKGSER, or to the ex wife, this forum has become more unfriendly over time.

More posts does not always mean better posts.

I'm afraid that I can't take you seriously because you have less than 1000 posts under your belt - you may have read just about every post made for the last year but your opinion doesn't count if you don't pitch in to every thread . . .

i.e. you don't have to post comments to find other people's posts annoying.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

This post gets daftrer by the day.  Even though ItsOnlyMe or was it Masq85 has never quite said who he thinks has picked on him I assume it must be me.  I've had a quick look at his posts but can't see why he is so upset.
For the record.  I have owned every model of RT since 1996 and a couple of Ks.  I worked at a main BMW Dealer for over 7 years as a Parts and Accessories Manager.  Probable dealt with up to 20 owners a day who had problems or needed new clothing or accessories.  Doing that you can't help but gain a certain knowledge of the product. If I decide to pass this experience  on and it annoys people, don't bother reading my posts. 
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: This post gets daftrer by the day.  Even though ItsOnlyMe has never quite said who he thinks has picked on him I assume it must be me.  I've had a quick look at his posts but can't see why he is so upset.
For the record.  I have owned every model of RT since 1996 and a couple of Ks.  I worked at a main BMW Dealer for over 7 years as a Parts and Accessories Manager.  Probable dealt with up to 20 owners a day who had problems or needed new clothing or accessories.  Doing that you can't help but gain a certain knowledge of the product. If I decide to pass this experience  on and it annoys people, don't bother reading my posts.

Don't bother responding. Ironically the posts on this thread are doing exactly what people are supposedly complaining about. Just ignore them and carry on as normal and as suggested if they don't like it they can jog off. And as was so eliquently put, you know who you are. Lets just close this and play nice together.