VW WARRANTIES

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: VW WARRANTIES

Post by Casbar »

Duggie wrote: I was just voicing off my frustration that's all, or can't  you do that these days ?
Maybe I expected too much from VW ?
When you pay top dollar for something, and have a warranty you should have piece of mind, especially from so-called top brands as VW.
If they are quick enough to tell my son he needs 3 new shocks why the need of photos when he states he has a warranty from them ? This is a main dealer not a back street[size=78%] garage.[/size]

I went through a similar thing with a new Honda, paint was defective, they had to take pics to get the warranty work done. The thing is, if the shocks are duff, and the customer is paying, the customer makes a decision to replace. If it is a warranty claim, the garage has to get the money back from the manufacturer as they are franchises. Therefore they need the agreement, or they would be out of pocket, so they are probably not disagreeing that they need changing and if covered by the warranty they will need the ok. Even on our bikes the same applies, all warranty claims will have to be agreed by BMW first.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

RTman10 wrote: I appreciate your input.  There is a main VW dealer next to a main Citroen dealer where I take my Picasso.  I was toying with the idea of trying them when the time comes to swap.  Won't bother now.
Does it follow then that if one bod reports a bad deal with a BMW dealer (heaven forbid) then we should all avoid BMWs when replacing our bikes. Surely some dealers are more helpful than others within the confines of the Warranty terms.
Chris
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

In this case 2 customers both with warranties and the dealer didn't bother to look if either had one before saying no. 
That wouldn't happen in any of the franchise dealers I use.  So it must be a VW trick. Or maybe a s..t one. You never know it might now be VW policy to try it on in an effort to rake back some of their recent world wide  fines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

RTman10 wrote: In this case 2 customers both with warranties and the dealer didn't bother to look if either had one before saying no. 
That wouldn't happen in any of the franchise dealers I use.  So it must be a VW trick. Or maybe a s..t one. You never know it might now be VW policy to try it on in an effort to rake back some of their recent world wide  fines.

Don't see it that way.The dealer would know that a 2016 motor was under warranty so no need to ask and the OP took the word of the dealer. I would have gone to the warranty people direct or at least obtained a second opinion.In the second case we don't know whether the claim has been accepted or not, and again it could well be the dealer being awkward.The VW Warranty should be given a fair shake before being condemned. The dealer is another matter.
Chris
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Better get back to two wheel matters

k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

k9doc wrote: As it says on the tin under 'General Discussion' in the 'General Category' section where this topic was posted, 'Free to talk about anything and everything'.

........ but I catch your drift.
Chris