2010 RT Cruise Control

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
garth514

2010 RT Cruise Control

Post by garth514 »

Hi All , I'm guessing this is a question asked many times before , if so apologies for going over old ground but my 2010 machine has a cruise control that doesn't want to set.
On start up the dash shows the SET light to be illuminated briefly as it goes through the pre flight checks but when on the road pushing the slider over to set using the flap nothing happens.
In all honesty I've only used it once before (when I bought it last summer it worked perfectly) but on the motorway last week it would have been handy.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat , you cling on tenaciously but you know that sooner or later you're going to get pissed off
blender

Re: 2010 RT Cruise Control

Post by blender »

garth514 wrote: Hi All , I'm guessing this is a question asked many times before , if so apologies for going over old ground but my 2010 machine has a cruise control that doesn't want to set.
On start up the dash shows the SET light to be illuminated briefly as it goes through the pre flight checks but when on the road pushing the slider over to set using the flap nothing happens.
In all honesty I've only used it once before (when I bought it last summer it worked perfectly) but on the motorway last week it would have been handy.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
I'm not trying to be snarky (although I easily fall into it), but you should RTFM, assuming you still have it. My '09 manual explains the cruise control workings starting on page 63.

That said, once you turn the CC on you need to press the button/switch to actually SET the CC.
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I expect the original poster has read the manual, and knows how it should work.

Sounds like the switch is probably at fault.  Worth checking your brake light switches to make sure that the brake lights are not permanently on. If they were, the CC wouldn't set properly.

Maybe spray some contact cleaner in to the CC switch, to see if it helps.
garth514

Post by garth514 »

Forums, the place to go when looking for advice....

Thanks for that Sullivj, will give it a try
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat , you cling on tenaciously but you know that sooner or later you're going to get pissed off