Werks Vs new AeroFlow

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
kiki

Werks Vs new AeroFlow

Post by kiki »

At the suggestion of other riders on this forum, after I bought my new RT I upgraded the shield to a Werks Quiet ride. The stock shield wasn't as bad as the K16, but still wasn't great. The Werks shield really improved the wind management on the bike and I was generally quite pleased.
This autumn, Aeroflow finally released their new shield for the RTW. Aeroflow, like Werks, believes strongly in a flared top edge to get the turbulence up over your helmet. I tried both a tall and a medium. Wow! what a difference.
The werks always presented the odd pop of turbulence, and raising it higher than just below half way didn't reduce the effect noticeably. Now, after trying the Aeroflow, i am replacing my Werks with a the Aeroflow tall shield. It drastically reduces turbulence to almost zero at just above the lowest setting, and as you raise it this turbulence continues to drop off so that it is no longer present at all.

Now, as soon as the new Sena Smart Helmet comes out in February, I will have the ultimate ride with all the good sounds and none of the bad!
guest3075

Re: Werks Vs new AeroFlow

Post by guest3075 »

Aeroflow doesn't seem to have a U.K. Distributor, I have emailed their Danish distributor.

Don't like the huge tax bill that arrives when buying direct from the US and also want a local ish reseller in case things go wrong and need to return.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

How tall are you? I am 5ft 8 and have zero turbulence with the Werks screen. Never have it all the way up, in fact I leave it in the same position all the time, never have to adjust unlike the standard screen. The only thing I notice is i get a draft on my neck, but i used to get a cold neck with the standard screen as well, so no change
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

ItsOnlyMe wrote: Aeroflow doesn't seem to have a U.K. Distributor, I have emailed their Danish distributor.

Don't like the huge tax bill that arrives when buying direct from the US and also want a local ish reseller in case things go wrong and need to return.

The Danish imported said he would be more expensive than the US, so a fantastic way to do business.

kiki

Post by kiki »

Casbar wrote: How tall are you? I am 5ft 8 and have zero turbulence with the Werks screen. Never have it all the way up, in fact I leave it in the same position all the time, never have to adjust unlike the standard screen. The only thing I notice is i get a draft on my neck, but i used to get a cold neck with the standard screen as well, so no change
I am 6 feet even with a 32.5 inseam. I do get turbulence, although much less than stock, from the Werks screen.
jglawso1

Post by jglawso1 »

Kiki, glad you like the new Aeroflow. However, I have the medium Werks shield, am 5-10, and with the screen just barely raised I get zero turbulence.  When you get the new Sena helmet let us know how that works out for you.  Thanks
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

Note that there is always a difference when comparing different heights of screens. If you don't have a WERKS the same height as the taller Aeroflow, that is not a fair comparison.

WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

After a 400 mile ride in heavy rain, and getting drenched with the stock screen, I switched to medium Werks shield and haven't looked back.
Jim
lotoofla

Post by lotoofla »

When the new AreoFlow screen came out for the RT-LC I was one of the early (paying) testers using a middle size screen, and we had to compensate for the fact I was using a Russell daylong seat, that boosted me up another 1 1/2" (37mm). In less tha a week, I was riding from Olympia Washington. to Southern California to visit family, upon departure I headed to AreoFlow's HQ were my medium was switch out for a tall and wide screen, along with side "wings". We did a 30 minute test ride on the new configuration, and the results was astonishing!! Absolutely no wind touching me, none riding with a tee shirt! I stand 5'11" with a 32" inseam
cdnrtowner

Post by cdnrtowner »

By chance, do you know the approximate prices of the Aeroflow versus the Werks shields? I am just a little North from you on Vancouver Island and I am having some difficulty finding a distributor and prices for either of these shields. Cheers!
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

cdnrtowner wrote: By chance, do you know the approximate prices of the Aeroflow versus the Werks shields? I am just a little North from you on Vancouver Island and I am having some difficulty finding a distributor and prices for either of these shields. Cheers!

Why don't you email Realshelby from one of the above posts, he is Mr Werks. He sorted me out with a screen shipped to the UK, and was a top bloke
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

cdnrtowner wrote: By chance, do you know the approximate prices of the Aeroflow versus the Werks shields? I am just a little North from you on Vancouver Island and I am having some difficulty finding a distributor and prices for either of these shields. Cheers!

I have shipped quite a few Quiet Rides to Canada. Just add $30 to the posted prices on my website to figure total cost. I use PayPal for international orders, they do the currency conversions for you. Don't have to have an account, or start one, to pay their invoice. Contact me  [email protected]  for any questions about sizing.  Quiet Ride webpage
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.