Morocco map?

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Terry_RT

Morocco map?

Post by Terry_RT »

Greetings riders,
I have the NAV5 installed with the common upgrades and still happy. But this summer I ll be traveling to Morocco and Tunisia and I saw that the maps on the Garmin website and very expensive. Is there any way to install maps on my own, or it's only via download?

Make Life A Ride #makelifearide
all these moments shall be lost, like tears in the rain...
Sleuth

Re: Morocco map?

Post by Sleuth »

There is an option using http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/  However other than using it to create a couple of maps of the USA & Europe for the computer a long time ago, I have not tried to install it on to a Garmin.

User discretion is required, and you are responsible for any damage, lottery wins or trip enjoyment that results from installing it to your device.  (Just saying!)

Enjoy the trip.

Best regards
Sleuth
Best regards, Sleuth
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Have a search on Google for Garmin maps.  A friend of mine recently purchased a mini USB loaded with the whole of North America for a reasonable price.  I'm sure one must exist for  North Africa.
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I used open streetmap on a Morocco trip in 2011, it was fine and integrated into the Garmin well. There arn't that many roads in Morocco .
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

I bought the Garmin Morocco map and found it to be rubbish, compared to Europe City Navigator etc.
Next Morocco trip, I used the Open Street mapping.. fantastic!
It's free, so give it a try.