Does BMW Negotiate Pricing?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
RTtourer

Does BMW Negotiate Pricing?

Post by RTtourer »

I'm curious. I've never bought a BMW motorcycle before...still considering the RT. For those on my side of the pond, does BMW negotiate their new bike pricing or is it etched in stone? It would be nice to not pay retail.
RTtourer

Re: Does BMW Negotiate Pricing?

Post by RTtourer »

I am in Massachusetts BTW.
grisopaul

Post by grisopaul »

Yes, every time I buy a new bike.  pm me, I'm in MA also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

In my experience they are less willing to negotiate than most car dealers.  I think it's probably a matter of which bike you want, how many they happen to have in stock (vs. ordering),the dollar amount of the purchase, etc...  The other big factor is whether there's another BMW dealer nearby that can take your business.  Summer is not a great time to negotiate because everyone is buying bikes, you get your best deal in January/February.

Mine did not budge much on price but I was able to get a few upgrades and add-ons thrown into the deal.  Would highly recommend you have them throw on the cylinder guards before you roll out of the dealership, whether they are included in the deal or not.  If nothing else, ask them to throw in the run-in service that will be required at 600 miles, that's worth about $250.
Last edited by timminator on Fri May 26, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BMW MOA #210438
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

According to my reliable scource there isn't a lot of meat in motorcycle pricing (lower margin)
i hit it a different way, free accessories and first service, managed a new helmet and some nice gear over the years!!
Jim