Setting up my new R122RT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
NYCridrer

Setting up my new R122RT

Post by NYCridrer »

Hello fellow RT riders. Just became aware of that new 58Liter top case by SHAD. Seems they use the expandable concept they used in the OE GS cases. Has anyone ordered one yet? I;m about to pull the trigger on this baby, they have a free accessory offer going that makes it a sweet deal…got a coupon code R1200RT10OFF. I think it’s a free backrest worth about 100 bucks, worth it for me. Any experience from any of you to share on the expandable case before sliding the credit card?
Bkh

Re: Setting up my new R122RT

Post by Bkh »

NYCridrer wrote: Hello fellow RT riders. Just became aware of that new 58Liter top case by SHAD. Seems they use the expandable concept they used in the OE GS cases. Has anyone ordered one yet? I;m about to pull the trigger on this baby, they have a free accessory offer going that makes it a sweet deal…got a coupon code R1200RT10OFF. I think it’s a free backrest worth about 100 bucks, worth it for me. Any experience from any of you to share on the expandable case before sliding the credit card?
I just got mine a few weeks back to be able to switch between couple of bikes.  So far, very happy with it.  The expand ability works well.  Solid mounting system.  Wife thinks it's more comfortable in the fully expanded position.  I like top pad on the backrest.  Well integrated into design of the case.  The lower backrest seems a little lose to me.  Can't figure out if I installed wrong.