BLUETOOTH HEADSET ADVICE

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
kiki

Re: BLUETOOTH HEADSET ADVICE

Post by kiki »

My opinion  on your original question --
I use Cardo Q3, simply because I used a Q2 prior to it and had grown accustomed to the idiosyncrasies and functions. I find it works excellent and does I all I ask. Last year I was invited on a ride with supplied equipment where the intercom was the Sena 20s. Aside from some functional differences, the performance of the unit was excellent as well.
I dont think you can go wrong with either Cardo or Sena for a wireless system.
Millman

Post by Millman »

I too have been a Sena fan. I started with the 10s system for me and my companion and now have the 10u for my Neotec. My son now has the 10s unit and we use it to talk while we both ride. No background noise and very clear vocals. When we are not talking we can share either his or mine music. Distance is about 1/4 mike before we lose each other. Audio from the Nav sat is crap but you can understand it. Audio from the bike radios is not very good either, but wit earplugs, it blocks the tinneness sound. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Gone for a Sena 10 S.  Presently have dozens of little sticky pads all,over the place.  Looks well made though.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Gone for a Sena 10 S.  Presently have dozens of little sticky pads all,over the place.  Looks well made though.

Good choice, glad you didn't go for a Scala, or we wouldn't have anything to discuss  8)  Is the 10s still a current model, thought it was superseded by the 20S
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Still current.  The 20S is the next one up, connects to 8 other headsets, the 10S only 4.  It's now in and working.  Their site is crap though.  It's impossible to register anything.  Left my Autocom in the RT so there's no going back. 

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Still current.  The 20S is the next one up, connects to 8 other headsets, the 10S only 4.  It's now in and working.  Their site is crap though.  It's impossible to register anything.  Left my Autocom in the RT so there's no going back. 

The 10s gets some very good reviews.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

RTman10 wrote: Gone for a Sena 10 S.  Presently have dozens of little sticky pads all,over the place.  Looks well made though.

will you stick a Chinese BMW badge on it? or will it be the equivalent in Can-Am style badge?  ;)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Rambler358
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Rambler358 »

RTman10 wrote:The 20S is the next one up, connects to 8 other headsets, the 10S only 4.
The 20S may technically be able to connect to 8 other headsets, but good luck with that.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Rambler358 wrote: The 20S may technically be able to connect to 8 other headsets, but good luck with that.

I didn't buy it as I don't know 8 people willing to talk to me [emoji81][emoji81]

mack62

Post by mack62 »

I use the Nolan N-Com system.  Generally works well.  Ideal if you have Nolan helmets. 
2013 R1200RT 90th Anniversary
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I'm all sorted with  the Sena 10S.  Seems pretty idiot proof so works for me.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

I would have preferred to go with the Sena but I needed a solution that gave me the option to switch between in-helmet speakers for shorter runs and in-ear monitors for longer runs. Although you can apparently get a Sena helmet mount that allows you to connect in-ear monitors, the reviews on it are pretty poor, plus it's an extra-cost option. In the end I went for a Scala Q3 which lets me swap between the speakers and monitors 'out of the box'. I'm sure it's not the best solution, but it seems to work fine and the audio is pretty good.

If Sena bought out a solution that allowed easy swapping between speakers and monitors then I would consider swapping to that but otherwise I'm happy with the Scala.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X