Schuberth C4 and the SC1 Internal Bluetooth - anyone ?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
STeinar

Schuberth C4 and the SC1 Internal Bluetooth - anyone ?

Post by STeinar »

I'm considering the new C4 and the SC1 bluetooth.
Has anyone tried this helmet and the SC1 bluetooth unit ??

https://www.schuberth.com/en/products/m ... ts/c4.html

STeinar
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Schuberth C4 and the SC1 Internal Bluetooth - anyone ?

Post by beemerboy9 »

A few people on the UKGSER website have them.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread ... huberth+c4
Last edited by beemerboy9 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bentall
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

No personal experience, but when I was buying a new helmet last summer I looked at the Schuerth (I already had a C3 without BlueTooth). I was put off by a high number of reviews stating that the BT module has a tendency to break just outside of warranty with Schuberth refusing to accept liability. Apparently there is a small ribbon cable which suffers from fatigue over time. It's possible that the situation is now improved but it was enough to tip me towards a different helmet (Shoei Neotec) with a separate bolt-on BT module.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
beemerboy9
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Paggers wrote: No personal experience, but when I was buying a new helmet last summer I looked at the Schuerth (I already had a C3 without BlueTooth). I was put off by a high number of reviews stating that the BT module has a tendency to break just outside of warranty with Schuberth refusing to accept liability. Apparently there is a small ribbon cable which suffers from fatigue over time. It's possible that the situation is now improved but it was enough to tip me towards a different helmet (Shoei Neotec) with a separate bolt-on BT module.

Just for clarity, Schuberth have switched BT suppliers from Cardo to Sena for the new C4 helmet.

Schuberth's refusal to co-operate outside the warranty period may not have changed for the new helmet. Let us see....

Schubert helmets tend not to fit me, though I am certainly looking forward to trying one on.
John Bentall
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

That helmet is not yet available in the states.  According to my BMW dealer, it will be the August timeframe.  Sorry Steinar, no information to share, but I too am very interested in people's experience.  I am on the waiting list myself, and very anxious to get one.
BMW MOA #210438
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Not a BT observation, but I hope they have improved the ventilation on the helmet since the C3. Yes they are quiet but at the cost of almost no airflow through the helmet. Given that I ride all year round it made my experience a miserable one. On hot days if I opened the chin vent then I would immediately get a loud buffeting noise inside the helmet (and minimal additional airflow) and in the winter I found it almost impossible to a avoid fogging up without riding constantly with the visor cracked very slightly - which meant water running down the inside from the top where it was unable to seal properly. The pinlock is of a design that absorbs the moisture, rather than using the 'double glazing' approach - which is fine until it has absorbed as much water as it is going to. This was usually about an hour into the ride for me, after which it was pretty much useless.

At the end of last year I just couldn't bear the thought of a second winter in the helmet so switched to a Neotec. It's also not perfect but I find it a massive improvement over the C3.

So, like I said, I hope the C4 is better, but I can't see me buying a Schuberth again.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
beemerboy9
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Well I did manage to try on a C4 this afternoon and it fitted very well, possibly slightly better than my Neotec. Very nicely made  - and so it should be for the marked price of £599. Unfortunately the chin-strap lies a little too close to my windpipe, so it's not for me.
John Bentall
Twodog

Post by Twodog »

If you have the SC1 from Schuberth new firmware v1.2 is now available.

UPDATED: Feb 25, 2020

Firmware 2.0.1 is now out as well.

Last edited by Twodog on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Son observe the time and fly from evil. Ecc.IV.23