USA guys - where you buy GS-911 and other tools/parts?

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Methos1979

USA guys - where you buy GS-911 and other tools/parts?

Post by Methos1979 »

I have made the decision to do most of my own maintenance on my '16 RT as I did most of my own on my R1200C and found the boxer to be a really easy motor to work on. I've already ordered the Jim Baden video set and did my 6k oil change which was beyond easy. I still have to pick up a GS-911 to clear the service light and set the next interval.

For guys in the USA - where are you ordering your GS-911 and other RT specific tools like the little puller tool needed to access the spark plugs? Also, is there a downside to not resetting the service light? I like that it comes on and then does not stay on. I only ask as I wonder if there is any rush to get my gS-911 before I get closer to my 12k service other than I could potentially have a fault not related to the service clearing.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: USA guys - where you buy GS-911 and other tools/parts?

Post by T6pilot »

Www.beemershop.com (831-438-1100)USA supplier, beware of cheap Chinese copies on EBay
Mark Parns makes several tools for Bmw maintaince
Enjoy the ride!!!

Jim
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

Methos1979 wrote: I have made the decision to do most of my own maintenance on my '16 RT as I did most of my own on my R1200C and found the boxer to be a really easy motor to work on. I've already ordered the Jim Baden video set and did my 6k oil change which was beyond easy. I still have to pick up a GS-911 to clear the service light and set the next interval.

For guys in the USA - where are you ordering your GS-911 and other RT specific tools like the little puller tool needed to access the spark plugs? Also, is there a downside to not resetting the service light? I like that it comes on and then does not stay on. I only ask as I wonder if there is any rush to get my gS-911 before I get closer to my 12k service other than I could potentially have a fault not related to the service clearing.
Good for you, I intend to do the same once the warranty period expires.  Not a bad idea to drop by the dealership to get the light reset occasionally.  My dealer will charge for 30 minutes work to do that, but it also allows them to download any software updates from BMW, or detect any faults you might not be aware of. 
BMW MOA #210438
JC-RT

Post by JC-RT »

The GS-911 can be found on eBay, it is a bit pricy.
RhodesRash

Post by RhodesRash »

There's a company in the States called Twisted Throttle which you might want to check out.

I've been considering getting a GS-911 but it seems that the most anyone buys it for is to reset the service reminder light. I've done my own maintenance so far and I've had the service reminder light on since I've owned the bike (bought it used and after the warranty had expired). I don't even see it anymore so that isn't an issue for me. Can anyone give a really practical example of having used one and what it did for them to help correct a problem other than resetting warning lights?
LAF

Post by LAF »

Beemer Bone Yard is a good source for supplies.  If you use ADVRIDER in the coupon code you will get 10% off.  He is a small business guy who sells new and used parts and supplies.
For the 911 Ted Porter at Beemershop was the first place I bought my first in 05 for my LT.  There are others for sure.
DO NOT trust Flea Bay. 
Murgie

Post by Murgie »

Late on the subject but thought I would add my 2 cents.  I also bought my GS-911 from the beemershop.  Great folks there.  What persuaded my decision to get the device, was, if I understand this correctly, it is needed to bleed the brakes properly, because of the ABS motor.  I haven't done this yet but I am starting my winter maintenance, plus I now have 15,000 miles on my 7 month old bike.  So, its due.