General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Longest Day

Post by smileymiley »

Well it's the Longest day today with 15 hours, 29 minutes & 48 seconds of daylight. Which is nice..... :)

But on the other hand...... the nights start drawing in. Winter's just round the corner :-\
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
guest2360

Re: Longest Day

Post by guest2360 »

smileymiley wrote: Well it's the Longest day today with 15 hours, 29 minutes & 48 seconds of daylight. Which is nice..... :)

But on the other hand...... the nights start drawing in. Winter's just round the corner :-\

Can't come quick enough.  Hate the sun waking me at 5am😄😄
Littlebriar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Littlebriar »

When I lived in England back in the late 90's I remember how quickly it got dark in the winter time. Before I went there, I lived in North Michigan. Then I looked on a map and realized that England was considerable further North than Michigan. Birmingham has latitude around 52 degrees and Michigan is only 43 degrees. As I recall it started getting dark around 4 pm. Not much sun in the winter time either. Easy to get depressed.
Last edited by Littlebriar on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
acowabunga

Post by acowabunga »

With the new season of Game of Thrones just around the corner, I'll say it, "Winter is coming". Haha!
Dogbreath

Post by Dogbreath »

Soon be Xmas !!!
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Soon be flrkin Xmas, can't stand sunlight etc.......

You miserable set of bar tenders !!!

:)) :beee: :)) :beee: :)) :beee: :)) :beee:
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
WillPhelps52

Post by WillPhelps52 »

I moved from New Jersey to North Carolina last year.  I found I did less riding in the summer and more in fall and spring.  In winter I have the Gerbing toaster suit.

In summer it's just too hot to ride, especially in rush hour coming home from work.  I'll do more evening and night riding now and sleep later.  Or early morning riding.  Whichever.

Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Yes Will, that sounds familiar. I spent 2 yrs working with the USMC at MCAS Cherry Point, NC back in the mid eighties. I used to commute daily from Emerald Isle to the base, and the heat in the summer, well, the humidity more so, was unbearable. Needless to say, I commuted by car! Air con was an absolute essential in both home and car. Despite the summer heat, it was an enjoyable time in NC! :) [size=78%] [/size]