The Deed Is Done

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: The Deed Is Done

Post by guest2360 »

Now heres a thing.  The first motorised vehicle called a Motorcycle had THREE wheels, two at the front.  Long time ago though. I'm thinking of contacting the Oxford Dictionary and put them right.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

B787MECH wrote: No, because it's not a bike!Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This BMW has only 2 wheels but does not fall over at a standstill.  Why don't you boys have some fun arguing over whether this is a motorcycle and leave RTman10 and his now very happy wife of many years (who can no longer clamber comfortably onto an RT) to ride their Can-Am in peace?  I see the Can-Am as the only alternative for keeping a set of handlebars, since other three-wheelers such as a Morgan or Grinnall have steering wheels. I applaud RTman10 for his courage - and don't talk about sidecars - leaning or otherwise.
John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I read a review yesterday that said you rode a motorcycle but you operated a Can Am Spyder. There is some truth in that but the more we operate it, now 600 miles on the clock, the more you seem to ride it. 
I agree with you all, it's not a bike, the finish is far too good for that  There is a huge forum in the States called Spyderlovers.com and I asked about corrosion problems.  One response but he parked it on the beach. Something to do with being built in Canada I suspect. 
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: I read a review yesterday that said you rode a motorcycle but you operated a Can Am Spyder. There is some truth in that but the more we operate it, now 600 miles on the clock, the more you seem to ride it. 
I agree with you all, it's not a bike, the finish is far too good for that  There is a huge forum in the States called Spyderlovers.com and I asked about corrosion problems.  One response but he parked it on the beach. Something to do with being built in Canada I suspect.

Its a snow mobile on wheels, so doubt if corrosion will be a problem. Looking forward to a pillion ride when I see you next :)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It's a deal. 

B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

beemerboy9 wrote:
This BMW has only 2 wheels but does not fall over at a standstill.  Why don't you boys have some fun arguing over whether this is a motorcycle and leave RTman10 and his now very happy wife of many years (who can no longer clamber comfortably onto an RT) to ride their Can-Am in peace?  I see the Can-Am as the only alternative for keeping a set of handlebars, since other three-wheelers such as a Morgan or Grinnall have steering wheels. I applaud RTman10 for his courage - and don't talk about sidecars - leaning or otherwise.
All I said was that it's not a motorcycle but I agree entirely, I've never said it's not a perfectly valid alternative to a bike so I wish you many happy miles on it, certainly looks comfortable![emoji106]

beemerboy9
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

RTman10 wrote: I read a review yesterday that said you rode a motorcycle but you operated a Can Am Spyder.

Such utter tosh seems to be written by those who have a desperate need to pigeonhole everyone and everything, so that it fits in with their view of the world. Their only excuse could be that in the USA it is classified as a type of car - and we know that in the USA one operates a "vee-hickle".
John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

beemerboy9 wrote:
Such utter tosh seems to be written by those who have a desperate need to pigeonhole everyone and everything, so that it fits in with their view of the world. Their only excuse could be that in the USA it is classified as a type of car - and we know that in the USA one operates a "vee-hickle".

No it was in the Daily Telegraph. 
MacJ

Post by MacJ »

ImageSaw this and thought of you! Probably not at all relevant and may result in censure.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

MacJ wrote: ImageSaw this and thought of you! Probably not at all relevant and may result in censure.

😄😄😄
beemerboy9
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

RTman10 wrote:
No it was in the Daily Telegraph.

Gospel then!
John Bentall
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I suspect its all a bit of that horrible thing called banter, and nobody really cares what John is now riding or driving, and in the grand scheme of things does it really matter. Decision taken, good luck to you, our circumstances change, so we change our choices. I have a few mates who now ride trikes, due to having had serious accidents on the bike, but I would never take the hiss because the great thing is they are still true bikers, probably a lot more than some of my other motorcycling wannabes, who have all the gear an no idea.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

We need more pics and reviews when you get the time Mr RTman (or is that Spyderman now lol) 
Last edited by simbo on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Oh my goodness, a trike without BMW on it & now a sat. nav. too, whatever next.
Last edited by David. on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

David. wrote: Oh my goodness, a trike without BMW on it & now a sat. nav. too, whatever next

I tried to fit the V but the cradle on the trike is different and there's nothing else.  It's gone up for sale with the RT. Very sad.