Car kit for Navigator

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
gogs01

Car kit for Navigator

Post by gogs01 »

I have a Navigator V and decided I'd like to try it in the car. I ordered a car kit from my local BMW dealer. When it arrived I set it up in the car and everything worked as expected - except I couldn't get any sound for the voice instructions. I tried everything I could think of then went back to the dealer looking for help.
To cut a very long story (involving parts dept, car dept and motorcycle dept) short, it turns out that the wrong car kit had been ordered. I had a kit for the Nav IV !
The Nav IV has an internal speaker, the Nav V doesn't. Therefore, the car kit for the V incorporates a speaker.
I'll be back at the dealer tomorrow to swap my car kit for one suitable for my V.
There was no quibble about getting me a replacement and several people now know the difference between car kits for the Nav IV & Nav V ! >:( Just thought I'd share the knowledge ..... ;D
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
pkpilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Car kit for Navigator

Post by pkpilot »

gogs01 wrote: I have a Navigator V and decided I'd like to try it in the car. I ordered a car kit from my local BMW dealer. When it arrived I set it up in the car and everything worked as expected - except I couldn't get any sound for the voice instructions. I tried everything I could think of then went back to the dealer looking for help.
To cut a very long story (involving parts dept, car dept and motorcycle dept) short, it turns out that the wrong car kit had been ordered. I had a kit for the Nav IV !
The Nav IV has an internal speaker, the Nav V doesn't. Therefore, the car kit for the V incorporates a speaker.
I'll be back at the dealer tomorrow to swap my car kit for one suitable for my V.
There was no quibble about getting me a replacement and several people now know the difference between car kits for the Nav IV & Nav V ! >:( Just thought I'd share the knowledge ..... ;D
And the cost for this flexibility??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

pkpilot wrote: And the cost for this flexibility ?

£85 for the car kit - if that's what you mean.  😏
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Rambler358

Car kit for Navigator

Post by Rambler358 »

Is the car kit for the Nav V and Nav VI the same?
pkpilot

Post by pkpilot »

gogs01 wrote:
£85 for the car kit - if that's what you mean.  [emoji57]
Yep, and that sounds like a very "BMW" price! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That's the problem with dealers that sell cars and bikes.  Even less knowledgeable than those that just sell bikes.  I never bought the car kit for my Navigators because of the price.  Then low and behold with the Garmin 590 that came with my Can Am there was one in the box.