Nav 5/iPhone 6 headset integration for 2013 R1200RT

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Nav 5/iPhone 6 headset integration for 2013 R1200RT

Post by beemerboy9 »

blastfurnace wrote: No extra cost sounds like a good solution.

Would this allow music and/or phone through the iPhone.  I would prefer to avoid a SD card (or USB stick) for music because I have apple music and you can't transfer music you don't own from the phone.

Only the Nav VI allows A2DP stereo music streaming via the GPS. The Nav V only has the Hands Free Profile. You will need to plug your iphone in via the USB port in the cubby hole (possibly needing an adapter cable) to play back via the bike speakers.
Otherwise you will need to pair the navigator and the phone to separate channels of a bluetooth headset. The best and latest BT headets (e.g. Sena 20S) now have automatic muting of the music by Sat Nav instructions. This has been a feature of the hard-wired (Luddites-only) Autocom systems for over 20 years.
Last edited by beemerboy9 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bentall
blastfurnace
Been liked: 1 time

Post by blastfurnace »

I tell you what, they make this as difficult as possible for such a simple idea.

I talked with the Rocket Moto guys about the Speaker Bridge, and to get all the pieces required to make that work is close in cost to a Sena 20S headset, although it is pretty flexible.

I was hoping not to have to invest another +/-$300.00 into this to make it work as it should, not including the GPS unit and iPhone cable, which apparently isn't going to work with the ios11 update.

I am moving more towards RTman10's idea: screw it and just ride.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I am moving more towards RTman10's idea: screw it and just ride.

Good lad.