Numb butt

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
panaray

Numb butt

Post by panaray »

I think I have seen this elsewhere in the forum.

I have a low suspension MY 11 with bench seat. I went on a day ride yesterday (6 hours) and came home with a numb butt. I don't have much cushion on my bony butt, I guess.
What reasonably-priced options exist that doesn't increase the seat height?
(and no pads either, please)
I'm thinking about having my seat foam modified by the likes of Spencer (greatdaytoride.com) I had a sport bike seat modified by this guy with good success.
Last edited by panaray on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tones

Re: Numb butt

Post by Tones »

Instead of altering the bike, amend your clothing. Got to be cheaper, padded leather trousers?
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

I changed mine to the BMW Comfort seat very little height difference but much more comfortable. I Used to get numb bum after about 200 miles/3 hours now do 6 hours bum is fine but my knees are getting a bit old.
Attachments
IMG_0657.PNG
panaray

Post by panaray »

I was hoping for a reasonably-priced option. Unfortunately, i'm not in an income bracket to consider a $800 seat "reasonable" 😅

I must start trolling eBay.....
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

You should be able to find a shop in your area that can be of help, uplostery shops around here for less than $200 can make your plank seat a lot more comfortable
Jim
panaray

Post by panaray »

Tones wrote: Instead of altering the bike, amend your clothing. Got to be cheaper, padded leather trousers?
Perhaps I can start wearing bicycle shorts?
Oldbrook

Post by Oldbrook »

I have a second hand Sargent seat on mine bought of Ebay, WOW what a differance to stock seat. They are the same height as stock. Dave
2011 R1200RT Polar metalic