Sevenoaks Motorcycle Seats - Nr Brands Hatch

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Gman1969

Sevenoaks Motorcycle Seats - Nr Brands Hatch

Post by Gman1969 »

Hi there - I'm booked into have a gel insert put into the seat of the RT - anyone have any experience of them?
Duggie

Re: Sevenoaks Motorcycle Seats - Nr Brands Hatch

Post by Duggie »

No experience, but would be interested to know how the seat feels when it's done.

Duggie
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Gman1969 wrote: Hi there - I'm booked into have a gel insert put into the seat of the RT - anyone have any experience of them?
No but that sounds amazing, please give us an update on cost and comfort later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blueboy
Reaper999

Post by Reaper999 »

I had the Riders Seat on my Aircooled RT re worked with a Gel Insert by Marty @ SmartRR's and I have to say, I was not a fan of the Gel Seat.
I've had quite a few seats re-shaped over the years and have always had a type of memory foam added which was great and really added a decent level of comfort and support but having heard great things about Gel seats, thats what I opted for this time and to be honest, I realy regret it.
The comfort doesnt seem to be anywhere near as good as the previous seats with the Foam option and now the heated element for the seat seems to take an eternity to warm up as well. I'm assuming that the Gel acts as some kind of barrier / insulator to the heat where as foam is easier to penetrate ?
In the end I gave up and bought a second hand BMW comfort seat. Much better allround.
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

just had it installed and its definitely comfier but will give it a week or so before final decision
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

So did a longer trip today and have to say that the seat performed really well and I am happy with it - could it be more comfortable? Probably, but for £130 and the level of comfort I feel its a worthwhile purchase.