Need help / suggestions

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Inlaw1

Re: Need help / suggestions

Post by Inlaw1 »

Thanks for all the help folks! Went with the Wunderlich adapter to screw into the handlebar and a Ram ball stud to screw into that. Have a Ram suction cup mount as a backup. Looks like an easy clean set up that will take minimal tools to install / remove.

Now I need a bit of an assistance with a power outlet. Originally I thought I'd just run off the 276cx battery which has up to 16 hours of use, but with the screen on bright it decreases that time significantly. I can power the mount but would need to plug it into something. So, does the RT have a factory outlet? And where would it be located. Further, I'm assuming the European model, which I'll be on, has a different size socket if there is one?

Thanks for all the help, maybe a little more? :)
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Hi
The RT LC has 2 power sockets (one at the front and the other at the rear)
You can tap off from the rear off these and put your own power socket on if you need to. Just remember to use an in-line fuse
Inlaw1

Post by Inlaw1 »

michaelc2710 wrote: Hi
The RT LC has 2 power sockets (one at the front and the other at the rear)
The one at the front should work. It's for a GPS that will mount between the bars. Trying to figure enough line length without having a ton of excess. Where abouts is the front socket located?

Thanks for the input