New RT Colours

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Gman1969

Re: New RT Colours

Post by Gman1969 »

and nobody taking offense to anything!!??
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Gman1969 wrote: and nobody taking offense to anything!!??

Ok then, Quartz Blue fastest, bronze being dropped for being to slow  :whistle:
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Had to drop Ebony last year because it was TOO fast
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

beemerboy9 wrote: How times change!

I wanted to buy the red RT in 2005, but the dealer persuaded me that I would have trouble selling it on as it would not be a popular colour. The dealers did not order the colour for their showroom bikes either.

If wonder if the standard height screen will be a factory option for the new red RT?

What is the most popular/predominant colour at the moment? I ordered white because I'm mean :)
_tim_

Post by _tim_ »

Pickaxe wrote:
What is the most popular/predominant colour at the moment? I ordered white because I'm mean :)

The trouble with the white RT is, as smart as it looks, you're only a white helmet and a reflective jacket away from being one of those "Polite" wierdos.

I liked the bronze on the configurator but in reality I found it too light and wishy-washy. So I ordered Carbon Black. Glad I did now, I really like it.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Due to deal didn't get choice of colours had to be carbon black. Love it though. Took white on test ride and found it annoying with cars ahead slowing down excessively every speed limit but was fun in nationals and filtering. Car drivers do manage to see white bikes more!!! :be happy:
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

BoB21 wrote: Due to deal didn't get choice of colours had to be carbon black. Love it though. Took white on test ride and found it annoying with cars ahead slowing down excessively every speed limit but was fun in nationals and filtering. Car drivers do manage to see white bikes more!!!be

You think they would, but we have fully marked bikes within our blood bike group and people still pull out in front of you.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Speaking as someone who rides a white RT, with a white helmet, I'm absolutely fine with being occasionally mistaken for a police rider if it means people drive sensibly and get out of my way (less so when they suddenly slam the anchors on and drive ridiculously slowly in front of me). But I do draw the line at the stupid 'polite' vests.

I'm happy with my white bike, but if I was looking to buy now it would be a difficult choice.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Should have said react differently to seeing white bike.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

_tim_ wrote:
The trouble with the white RT is, as smart as it looks, you're only a white helmet and a reflective jacket away from being one of those "Polite" wierdos.

I liked the bronze on the configurator but in reality I found it too light and wishy-washy. So I ordered Carbon Black. Glad I did now, I really like it.

Yes, went through my mind and although I'd be the last person that would hang onto the past,  I was a police motorcyclist for 20 years, so perhaps I can carry off that criticism. Heard it, seen it, done it and got the T shirt  ;)
Taz

Post by Taz »

Ok then, Quartz Blue fastest, bronze being dropped for being to slow

I'm fine with that as I did not buy my RT to imitate Mr. Rossi - not that I could anyway. I simply like the colour and now that I've had the top box sprayed to match it looks the dogs do dahs.
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Methos1979

Post by Methos1979 »

That Iconic red was (is) awesome. This new red, not so much. For the life of me I can't figure out why the BMW people can't come up with some decent colors for their regular bikes.

I'll stick with my Black Cherry until something better pops...
Szibar

Post by Szibar »

I actually bought 2016 bike over a 2017 one for its colour. San Marino Blue is the way to go. Might not be the fastest colour, but 100% the most comfortable for a pillion :) :) :) :)
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts!?