I improved the handling by loads today!

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: I improved the handling by loads today!

Post by Casbar »

just be aware that if you use a right angle extender, there are two types, there is a specific one for bikes with TPMS, don't know what the difference is, but Nippy Normans has two. I happened to have the other one and it doesn't work well.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Well, 36/42 forever.  Feels fine, and I blow 'em up with a cycling track pump and decent gauge at home in the garage.  That's my exercise if the doc asks.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Sprintgull wrote: Well, 36/42 forever.  Feels fine, and I blow 'em up with a cycling track pump and decent gauge at home in the garage.  That's my exercise if the doc asks.

Don't want to get into the whole tyre pressure thing, but used to run those pressures with my first set of PR4GT and the front cupped badly. On advice from Michelin I moved to 38 - 42, front tyre after 6k has no cupping. No reduction in grip, well if there is, I haven't found it yet.  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Presently running mine at recommend pressures.  2 front ones at 20psi.  1 massive back one at 28 psi.    How times change.
MacJ

Post by MacJ »

Casbar wrote: just be aware that if you use a right angle extender, there are two types, there is a specific one for bikes with TPMS, don't know what the difference is, but Nippy Normans has two. I happened to have the other one and it doesn't work well.

Angled ones seem a bit pointless with an RT/GT as the valves are already pointing in the right direction. I used to carry one of those to use on my Pan.

I have a straight screw on adaptor which seems to work fine with TPMS but as I say I only carry it on a 'just in case' basis as I check/inflate at home.