iPhone to bike?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
DBLXX

iPhone to bike?

Post by DBLXX »

Is there a way to connect the music on my iPhone to play through the bike speakers via BT?

I have the Nav V

Thanks
kiki

Re: iPhone to bike?

Post by kiki »

unfortunately there is not a way to connect to the bike speakers without hard-wiring, or more specifically, using the data port on the right glove compartment. the only "source" options are Sat, Radio, and Aux. The BT function on the bike is designed to be used with a BT headset (ideally, for BMW, the BMW Communicator, however other brands may work as well) as an output. There is , not yet, a BT option input.
There are , perhaps, some aftermarket wiring solution that may be available, however.
Fosningen

Post by Fosningen »

Hello.
Connect a bluetooth receiver f.eks Belkin soundstream to the aux and usb in your right hand glovebox. I have and it works fine.

Fosningen.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

DBLXX wrote: Is there a way to connect the music on my iPhone to play through the bike speakers via BT?

I have the Nav V

Thanks

Most folks want to be able to change/skip tracks on the iPhone using the control wheel as well as to keep the phone charged while they travel. Therefore they choose to connect the iPhone via the accessory cable available from BMW.
John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

beemerboy9 wrote:
Most folks want to be able to change/skip tracks on the iPhone using the control wheel as well as to keep the phone charged while they travel. Therefore they choose to connect the iPhone via the accessory cable available from BMW.

And I believe from MINI  dealers at half the price.  Exactly the same cable.
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

Still easier to insert a USB flash drive which will display the file structure , tunes and performers on the dashboard and operate through the wheel.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

blokeonthemove wrote: Still easier to insert a USB flash drive which will display the file structure , tunes and performers on the dashboard and operate through the wheel.

I agree.  Despite several cables and more than one iPod/iPhone, I never got a more reliable solution than the USB approach...
Potential new owner..
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Potential new owner.. »

Well I got the correct cable but it still shows "no usb" when I connect my iPhone SE. Maybe the iPhone SE is not compatible.
blastfurnace

Post by blastfurnace »

RTman10 wrote: And I believe from MINI dealers at half the price. Exactly the same cable.
Do you have a link for this?  Is it something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Interface ... 1961793963
Last edited by blastfurnace on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Potential new owner.. wrote: Well I got the correct cable but it still shows "no usb" when I connect my iPhone SE. Maybe the iPhone SE is not compatible.
I went for a cheap 'Mini' cable from eBay and an old 4th Gen iPod. Never had a problem with it. If you can't get your phone to talk to the bike then I would be suspecting the cable.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
blastfurnace

Post by blastfurnace »

Paggers wrote: I went for a cheap 'Mini' cable from eBay and an old 4th Gen iPod. Never had a problem with it. If you can't get your phone to talk to the bike then I would be suspecting the cable.

Do you have a link for that.  The only "cheap" cable I found says it won't work when ios11 comes out.  Thanks
Marty

Post by Marty »

IPhone 7 charge & audio cable for BMW mini eBay about £21.50 eBay number 112488410617