BMW Motorrad ASAP Portal?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
UKDucatiman

BMW Motorrad ASAP Portal?

Post by UKDucatiman »

I've taken delivery today of a set of BMW cylinder head guards pt/no 77 12 8 357 955. But there are no fitting instructions included apart from a reference to an ASAP web portal where they can be downloaded from. I've had a google around but not found anything. Any pointers as to where I need to look would be much appreciated
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Re: BMW Motorrad ASAP Portal?

Post by timminator »

UKDucatiman wrote: I've taken delivery today of a set of BMW cylinder head guards pt/no 77 12 8 357 955. But there are no fitting instructions included apart from a reference to an ASAP web portal where they can be downloaded from. I've had a google around but not found anything. Any pointers as to where I need to look would be much appreciated
I believe there's a set of instructions on this forum in the downloads section.  I've attached here as well.
Attachments
Installing cylinder-head cover guard_new.pdf
(524 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
BMW MOA #210438
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

timminator wrote: I believe there's a set of instructions on this forum in the downloads section.  I've attached here as well.

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately these instructions are for the LC model guards. I need them for the TC which has a different pt/no of 77 12 8 357 955. Will keep looking....
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Are these photos any help, there are only 3 fixing points, one at the front & two at the rear.

There will be blanking screws fitted to the fixing points which need to be removed first.

Last edited by David. on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

You may have to remove the fairings to fit the guards.  it makes it much easier to get the fitting screws in if you do.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Yes, these are the ones and I will need to take the fairings off, but they do look straightforward to fit. There are a couple of material strips which I need to work out where they go, hence why I was looking for the fitting guide. I will post a picture of these later.
Last edited by UKDucatiman on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Here is the kit with the two strips of plastic beading. Now they have to go on the edge of each guard but the question is where as there does not seem to be a suitable edge? Any ideas.....
Attachments
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

UKDucatiman wrote:Here is the kit with the two strips of plastic beading. Now they have to go on the edge of each guard but the question is where as there does not seem to be a suitable edge? Any ideas.
Looking at this second photo closely, the trim strips go on the bottom edge, between the front & rear (lower) mounting point.

UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

I've received a copy of the instructions from the supplier and placed in the accessories section. But no mention of the plastic strips in the guide, so I'm just not sure. @David, the part you pointed out is the rubber shock absorbed material.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

UKDucatiman wrote:I've received a copy of the instructions from the supplier and placed in the accessories section. But no mention of the plastic strips in the guide, so I'm just not sure.
As the plastic strips are not included in the instructions, don't use them & throw them away.

Or, is it possible that once the guards are fitted, they come into close contact with any part of the lower faring panel which may need some protection from metal rubbing against plastic.
Last edited by David. on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

[quote author=David. link=topic=3259.msg33466#msg33466 date=1497383357
Or, is it possible that once the guards are fitted, they come into close contact with any part of the lower faring panel which may need some protection from metal rubbing against plastic.

Yes, I will see when I fit, but unless I can see something obvious they will end up in the bin!
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Post by slparry »

UKDucatiman wrote: I've taken delivery today of a set of BMW cylinder head guards pt/no 77 12 8 357 955. But there are no fitting instructions included apart from a reference to an ASAP web portal where they can be downloaded from. I've had a google around but not found anything. Any pointers as to where I need to look would be much appreciated
the ASAP web portal is accessible by dealer staff only
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1