Display Issue

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
paulgelineau

Display Issue

Post by paulgelineau »

Hi all;

Have had a few issues with my display on my 2015 R1200RT.  Less than 23000 miles; i.e. still under the BMW 30/3 year warranty.

Windscreen is programmed to retract to the closed position once the ignition is switched off.  It stays at the last position when riding.  Still functions, up/down when riding.

Average speed indicated during any trip mode indicates 1 mph rather than what the average mph actually was during the trip/ride.

While these may seem trivial issues, I believe that the fault is in the controlling e-board, which also controls the engine management system as well as the security, start/stop systems, anti lock brakes, ABS, throttle control and ride modes, etc.
[size=2px]
[/size]
[size=2px]My experience with e-board issues is that once it starts it becomes a cascade of other failures.[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]
Called the BMW maintenance folks and they told me to just bring it in.  Problem is, I live 3-1/2 hours from them and don't want to be stranded somewhere in the mountains with no cell coverage to call for help.  So I'll trailer it to them.  Still great riding here in the Okanogan Highlands of WA state, USA and still want to ride!

Any experiences with these types of issue?

Cheers,
Paul G.
johnesherman

Re: Display Issue

Post by johnesherman »

How about, just disconnect the battery for few minutes then reconnect; as a result, see if those computer control problems clear up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

John Sherman R1200RT Tacoma WA USA
paulgelineau

Post by paulgelineau »

An interesting solution.  I'll give it a try.  Rather like "hard booting" my computer.
Thanks

Great riding over here east of the mountains.  Very little traffic and most folks wave with an open hand rather that the 1-finger salute.

Cheers,
Paul G.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

My 2017 bike alarm goes off intermittently and now screen won't work at all. In to dealer next week. Interested in your outcome?
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

For info screen showed fault so had shut down but reboot got it going again. to be monitored. Alarm had got water into it ( sits behind back seat) replaced with new.