BMW R1200RT On Order

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest4915

BMW R1200RT On Order

Post by guest4915 »

Having placed my deposit at the end of July and the estimated delivery date for the end of September having passed, the waiting is becoming painful :( 

I don't like making too many phone calls to the dealer, but on the one occasion I have, they were a bit vague on the information front. Is this how things are at the moment?

Very frustrating.
MacJ

Re: BMW R1200RT On Order

Post by MacJ »

I thought the plant closed for the whole of august making delivery a bit slow at this time of year?
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

When I ordered mine last Sept.the dealer had a direct link with the factory, and were able to give me updates on how it was progressing. It became a little vague once it had been built and was in transit to the BM warehouse in Milton Keynes and onwards to the dealer. It was built to order (to my own spec) and was ready to pick up on Christmas Eve so nice present! Your dealer should be able to track its progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

The dealer should definitely be able to give you an update. Once they log the order into their system they can track it at every stage through the factory. I also ordered mine in late October / Early November (last year) and picked it up a few days before Christmas. Six weeks on the nail from order to it being available for collection.
Last edited by Paggers on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Same happened to me 2 years ago, due  of September, received end November, no apologies, but the dealers did get a new sales manager out of the deal......
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

Thanks for all the encouraging replies and by coincidence, I had an update from my dealer this morning :) . The bike has left the factory and is on its way, so things are looking up. Hoping to get her run in and serviced before a run up to Scotland in the third week of this month. Fingers crossed.
F800GT

Post by F800GT »

How exciting ! You're a lucky guy !
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

Monday 16th October is the big day  :)
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

In between other commitments, I've been busy putting miles on the new bike and hope to have about  500 miles for the first service on Saturday. Next week and weather permitting, I'm going to take a five day break with my wife and complete the running in process in the South of England.

So far the experience has been good and unsurprisingly, not unlike my previous 2006 RT. It's great to be back on a BM :)
Gee-Bee

Post by Gee-Bee »

Ordered a  2018 mars red with extra set of white body panels

If anybody looking for a complete new set of mars red , let me know...

BMW would not build me a white with black drive train or motor ???

GB