2012 TC Front Brake Pads OEM/Brembo

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
mcwhirtj

Re: 2012 TC Front Brake Pads OEM/Brembo

Post by mcwhirtj »

mcwhirtj wrote: I have serviced brakes on countless vehicles in my life, and can say that more than any other brake pad I've used, the EBC HH's do have a "break in period".  I put them on just before a two week trip, and at the start was wishing I had time to swap in some OEM pads.  By about 500 hundred miles into the trip, I was loving them. 

I measured rotor thickness when I put the EBC pads on, and have checked a few times since then, and so far no discernible accelerated wear.  With nearly 100k miles on my bike, I am getting down towards the wear limit so an expensive rotor replacement is in my future, but still several 10k miles out, I think.

Anyway, that was my experience.  I'm going to put them on my wife's F800ST soon - the OEM brake setup on that bike is not stellar, and I'm curious to see how much of an improvement the EBC pads will make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FWIW, I have since done so (put EBC pads on the wife's F800ST, and I am happy with the improvement.  Quite noticeable (she and I both agreed).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk