A93 - Which way ?

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
BeeJay

A93 - Which way ?

Post by BeeJay »

Sorting our Scottish trip for next August and read somewhere that the A93 is a ride not to miss.
As we're at Blyth Bridge for a few days this is one of the rides thta we're planning.
Question: is it better to ride it north - south or south - north?
Thanks
guest2368

Re: A93 - Which way ?

Post by guest2368 »

I prefer it going north, but either way it is a great road.  If you have the time turn left at Bridge of Gairn and head further north on the A939 past the Lecht ski centre, another great road.

Here is a wee video of the Lecht from one of my trips...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb6Zo13 ... wrdCDa5vN7

John
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

nice video gorgeous road
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Nice vid and a great road.
Looking at your other videos you get a different perspective when the cam is on your helmet to when it's under the headlight.

Which video editor do you use?
:)
btw, we're gong to Nethy Bridge next year, don't know where the Blyth Bridge came from (gremlins in the keyboard) lol
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

BeeJay wrote: Nice vid and a great road.
Looking at your other videos you get a different perspective when the cam is on your helmet to when it's under the headlight.

Which video editor do you use?
:)
btw, we're gong to Nethy Bridge next year, don't know where the Blyth Bridge came from (gremlins in the keyboard) lol
I use iMovie that comes as standard with a mac.  Easy to use and the price is right, mind you shelling out for a mac is sore now!
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

BeeJay wrote: Sorting our Scottish trip for next August and read somewhere that the A93 is a ride not to miss.
As we're at Blyth Bridge for a few days this is one of the rides that we're planning.
Question: is it better to ride it north - south or south - north?
Thanks
If you're still planning a run up or down the A93, I wonder if I would be able to tag along ? It's a fairly local run for me.  I just heard today that a motorcyclist was involved in a serious accident involving two cars so, as with every interesting road, you should ride at your own speed and don't assume there won't be a car / truck / coach around the next tight bend. (Not trying to put anyone off !)

If you have time, a circular route starting and finishing at Perth can take in Braemar, Aboyne, Cairn O'Mount, Edzell, Kirriemuir and Coupar Angus covers 180 miles and should take around 4 hours plus stops. Some really interesting riding included !

My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE