SE V LE 2015

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
aphill24

SE V LE 2015

Post by aphill24 »

HI, I am looking at a Bmw R1200 RT SE that is very well priced as a private sale. I have always fancied the LE spec when looking at these but is there a lot more bang for the money? It has Sat nav as an extra which is great is in the nice grey colour that I like too so very very tempted, just wondering if the SE is a popular spec amongst members here?
Taz

Re: SE V LE 2015

Post by Taz »

I chose the LE spec because of the additional features. It also appeared to be the popular choice.
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

LE for me  8)
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

aphill24 wrote: HI, I am looking at a Bmw R1200 RT SE that is very well priced as a private sale. I have always fancied the LE spec when looking at these but is there a lot more bang for the money? It has Sat nav as an extra which is great is in the nice grey colour that I like too so very very tempted, just wondering if the SE is a popular spec amongst members here?

What is your budget?
What is your specification requirement?
Do you like the colour?
Does it have the accessories you like?
Really you should NOT be asking other people. If you are always comparing models, you will never be satisfied when a later one comes out.
Does this one pull your heart strings? Yes...then go for it.    No...then walk away.
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

As above, depends on the spec of the SE. I went for an SE because I could spec it the way I wanted it, rather than paying for things on an LE I didn't want (audio etc). Obviously you don't get a choice when buying second hand so be careful exactly what extras are/aren't fitted and their value to you. Bear in mind that the RT appeals to people who like lots of toys, so lacking some extras can effect the resale value, although too many extras means there's more to go wrong in the long term!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

aphill24 wrote: HI, I am looking at a Bmw R1200 RT SE that is very well priced as a private sale. I have always fancied the LE spec when looking at these but is there a lot more bang for the money? It has Sat nav as an extra which is great is in the nice grey colour that I like too so very very tempted, just wondering if the SE is a popular spec amongst members here?

I've just bought a 2016 plate SE from Hunts Manchester, Honda dealer. 3500 miles and every LE mod (as far as I'm aware) except the radio. I'm slightly baffled as to why the original owner didn't buy an LE, when it seems in all but name identical to the LE. The moral is I think that the badge doesn't matter if the price is right and has the toys you need. You can see it here https://youtu.be/4h0g0zUWejU
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

B787MECH wrote: As above, depends on the spec of the SE. I went for an SE because I could spec it the way I wanted it, rather than paying for things on an LE I didn't want (audio etc). Obviously you don't get a choice when buying second hand so be careful exactly what extras are/aren't fitted and their value to you. Bear in mind that the RT appeals to people who like lots of toys, so lacking some extras can effect the resale value, although too many extras means there's more to go wrong in the long term!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Audio doesn't come as standard on the LE
aphill24

Post by aphill24 »

Thanks for the replies, some valid points and advice. I am going to see the bike next weekend and will reply again. It is in the grey colour which I like and just about in my budget so hoping all goes well I will be a R1200 Rt owner soon.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

I've just bought a 2016 plate SE from Hunts Manchester, Honda dealer. 3500 miles and every LE mod (as far as I'm aware) except the radio. I'm slightly baffled as to why the original owner didn't buy an LE, when it seems in all but name identical to the LE. The moral is I think that the badge doesn't matter if the price is right and has the toys you need. You can see it here https://youtu.be/4h0g0zUWejU

It is probably is an LE and first registered an an SE by mistake.

Such mistakes certainly do happen. I know of an Audi A5 that was registered and sold by an Audi dealer as a quattro - and the owner was pretty happy until he discovered that the rear wheels were not turning on a rolling road and the rear driveshafts were missing. Oops!
John Bentall
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

I'm glad you've solved that one. Makes sense what you say. I wonder if there's any point in amending that if it could be done easily?