Tank lock tank bag

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Rockape

Tank lock tank bag

Post by Rockape »

I'm looking for preferably a tank lock tank bag for my 2011 1200rt. Not to keen on the BMW bag. Any suggestions please.
pwbike
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Tank lock tank bag

Post by pwbike »

The SW Motech bags and mounts are good, good looking, well made and not hard to fit.
I suspect the Givi system is good too.
Peter
Littlebriar

Post by Littlebriar »

+ 1 for SW Motech bags. I've got the City. It's just the right size for me. Occasionally will blow the horn at full left lock but not often. I have 2016 RT.
Steve
DeltaBravo
Bike Model and Year: BMW RT1200
United States of America

Post by DeltaBravo »

I've got the 4L and 25L Givis.  Very well made and simple to install.  The 4L is big enough for a day ride (maybe 2) holding glasses, garage door opener, etc.  It has a slot for your cell phone, but I don't use that and keep the cover on it most of the time.  The 25L is HUGE, and it expands.  It has a map pocket and a removable tablet pocket (2nd map pocket).  Comes with an inner sealable bag and a rain cover, and two side pockets (small). 

If you go the Givi route, each bag comes with a tank mount; all you need to order is the appropriate half-moon plate to lock the mount to the tank.  HTH

Dennis
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

I have a Givi that I swap between my two bikes. I will never have a tank bag that is not a ring lock again. Don't be tempted to get one too large. Those tend to get in the way when turning bars lock to lock. They are hard to carry into a restaurant if you keep your wallet, phone, maps, etc in them. Even the smaller ones hold a lot of stuff!
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

As with the last two posts I'm currently with Givi and have the smaller ST602 Sport Touring Tanklock bag, great for carrying phone/wallet/visor stuff and a few other small bits & pieces.  Unlikely to buy another bike without fitting a tank lock ring to it!  Peter
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

I was going to get a Givi for my 17 plate but when I called in to the J&S store to buy the bag, they stated they didn't have a locking ring for my bike. They were also reluctant to fit one on my bike with having the key-less fuel cap.
Found a 12 month old BMW bag and fitting straps for £85 on ebay which will do for the time being.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

At motorcycle live yesterday and noticed on  givi stand  tanklock bag with a lock built in asked and was informed will be out in UK April/May next year. (certain bags only).
DeltaBravo
Bike Model and Year: BMW RT1200
United States of America

Post by DeltaBravo »

Michael,

Both bags fit just fine on my 2017 RT with key less and central locking. 

Happy Thanksgiving all-you-all!

Dennis
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Thanks for the info Dennis and Happy Thanks Giving to you.