General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Maz12

Pretty embarrassing

Post by Maz12 »

pkpilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Pretty embarrassing

Post by pkpilot »

There has to be a “page 2” to this video.  Severely overweight, clearly not trained, clearly not on a motorcycle that has been fit for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

What the heck was going on there ??
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I believe it filmed in Johanasberg SA
They could of given her a lowered seat and high heels 😱
guest5112

Post by guest5112 »

Yes, this is Johannesburg, close to my old hometown before I moved to the USA. I am afraid that some of that which is depicted by this very video contributed to my decision to immigrate from South Africa. Not the fact that a police officer can’t mount a motorcycle but a much bigger, deeper issue that would have this video just as one small part of a montage of bigger issues. If that makes any sense at all.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

The SA police force should be switching to Honda Grom's to save the poor girl further embarrassment  :alas:
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Greg L wrote: Yes, this is Johannesburg, close to my old hometown before I moved to the USA. I am afraid that some of that which is depicted by this very video contributed to my decision to immigrate from South Africa. Not the fact that a police officer can’t mount a motorcycle but a much bigger, deeper issue that would have this video just as one small part of a montage of bigger issues. If that makes any sense at all.
It makes lots of sense
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Embarrassing indeed!
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ganesh »

Didn't help parking it on a camber and hopefully she got it back to the station without any more fun and games. Being a little vertically challenged myself the low chassis and seat helps me to avoid most of those moments.
thanks and regards, Ganesh
LAF

Post by LAF »

Once at a stop I had set the bike onto the side stand and the grade was so steep I could not get the bike off the side stand no matter what I tried.  A friend from our BMW club came over and gave me a nudge when I leaned/pulled to the left.  I am not sure what I would have done alone. 

So I feel the pain of seeing this.  Although my bike was at a much steeper rake then this one I can understand it.
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by jackronner »

Would've helped had the bloke been pushing from the other side.  What was dumb was not moving the bike off the camber after getting it upright.  I get off, leave the kickstand down in case of sudden tipping, and move it to a level position.  Once, on a very steep San Francisco hill, I was mortified to ask for help to get it upright,  only to realize that it was the rear tire up against the curb that had hindered me.  Lesson learned.